For our location in Würzburg we are looking for a
Senior Project Planning & Scheduling Engineer (m/w/d).
Jacobs has been selected as the central service provider for the overall SuedLink project.
During this infrastructure project, the largest underground power cable in the world is being planned, designed and built.
The direct current line will cover a distance of 700 km and connect offshore wind farms in the north to solar farms in the south of Germany to ensure a stable power supply in the future.
This represents a milestone in the German energy transition.
The unique project offers exciting challenges and exceptional development opportunities.
Apply at Jacobs and continue your career in a company that gives you the opportunity to develop, bring out your best and shape the future.
• Create and update project schedules for your area to reflect all relevant tasks and impacts of the project
• Update schedules with actual progress and forecasted remaining durations, project milestones and completion dates
• Define and prepare meaningful project status reports to communicate project status and issues
• Communicate to all levels of stakeholders
• Develop and show countermeasures in case of delays or known risks
• Develop, implement and monitor all resources to measure progress and schedule performance
• Share all data with project management on a regular basis
• Identify and communicate major scheduling issues to project management in a timely manner so that corrective action can be taken
• Create schedule baselines as a basis to compare with status
• Prepare schedule risk analysis to forecast schedule targets and associated cost impacts
• Prepare quality status report (DCMA)
• Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, project management or related technical field or equivalent qualification
• At least 5 years of experience in project planning with Primavera P6
• Experienced in planning of programmes
• Understand EPC/full service and JV/consortium project delivery processes for a range of industries
• Apply standard project principles to planning/scheduling work processes
• Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processing software, and report generation systems
• Thorough understanding of planning/scheduling systems to support project-specific execution requirements, including calculations performed by the software
• Implementation and effective use of proprietary project control systems and industry standard planning and scheduling systems (esp. Primavera P6)
• German language skills would be an advantage
• Good written and spoken English
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS-Project)
• Knowledge of Oracle Primavera Risk Anaysis, Acumen Fuse and Tilos an advantage
• Ability to develop and maintain a positive working atmosphere
Our offer for you:
• Permanent position in a sustainable, future-oriented project
• Attractive training opportunities (e.g. cooperation with LinkedIn Learning)
• Career development opportunities within the Jacobs Career Network
• Free drinks (coffee, tea & mineral water)
- Project Planning
- Microsoft Project
- Risk Analysis