Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Cost Control Engineering Head for a Kuwait based project to provide a complete cost control and forecasting service to the project management team that has proven expertise in managing large, complex projects. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in oil and gas, refining and pharmaceutical industries.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- Overall responsibility of the PMC Cost Control team
- Interfacing with Client on cost control issues
- Responsible for leading, coordinating and communicating the cost control requirements and ensuring PMC's contractual obligations in regards to cost control are met
- Consolidating and analysis of cost information from EPC contractor PMC teams
- Issuing Monthly Cost Reports (client and corporate), Manpower Plans, Personnel Approval Reports, Cashflow, Change Registers
- Invoice checking and issuing to client
- Identifying and analysing deviations and trends against budgets. Investigate deviations with relevant groups, advise management of issues and recommend corrective actions
- Manage commercial risk and recommend mitigation options
- Use technical understanding to communicate and influence PCM's, PM's and Client
- Development of project operating budgets
- Development of EPC cost forecasting
- Regular interface with clients and subcotractors
- Lead regular cost review meetings with the project team and client
- Mentoring and development of locally hired cost team members, where appropriate
- Minimum Bachelor's of Engineering Degree
- Minimum 16 years post graduate experience
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Coaching And Mentoring