At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40 countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
The Completions Lead manages the Completions team and is responsible for the Completions Processes and Procedures and associated Lifetime Quality Records review and acceptance, that are associated with the wider Project and the strategic overview of their implementation, delivery, and approval across the HPC site.
Responsible for the review and revision of the Manage Site Works Handover (MHSW), Review and Approve End of Construction Status Report (ECSR), and the Review and Approve End of Erection Status Report (EESR) procedures, ensuring that they remain fit for purpose and support other baseline procedures as the project evolves through its lifecycle. The Completions Lead will also identify areas of other project supporting processes and procedures that do not adequately support the MSWH/ ECSR and EESR procedures and through stakeholder engagement ensure that those procedures are updated as necessary.
The Completions Lead will report to the Deputy Quality Director for their wider Portfolio of works.
- Refine and implement strategy for successful handover of platforms and works that enable the follow works that include the timely delivery of all relevant LTQRs
- Work with the Project and Contract Managers, ensuring the Works Information (WI) has suitable and sufficient content within, pertaining to the collation of Handover Documentation and manage subsequent reviews of this documentation prior to Handover.
- Manage the Completions Team, ensuring that there is a unified approach to LTQR preparation, submission, review and approval across the HPC project with the identification of a graded approach where necessary capturing and implementing lessons learned.
- Liaise with the Principal Designer, to ensure that the content of the Health and Safety File and Design Risk Register, are being suitably collated and reviewed from the information in Handover Certificates and Endo of Construction/Erection Reports, in order for them to accompany the Handover Documentation.
- Work with the Teams and Contractor Partners, ensuring that the process steps of the EESR and ECSR are followed and periodically reviewed, in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Ensuring that the processes within the “Manage Site Works Handover” are followed and periodically reviewed, in accordance with procedural requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, construction management or equivalent vocational training and experience
- Extensive experience in the delivery of large, complex projects, including Power, Chemical and Industrial
- Awareness of operating in a high security environment
- Experience in Managing completions within construction, installation, erection and commissioning
- Chartered status
- Successfully completing areas of projects with a value of £50M to 100M or similar sized complex projects (≥ £1B)
- Experience in the installation and erection of large Civil, Mechanical or Electrical plant with nuclear experience being an advantage
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. [ Link removed ]
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – 2.1062705.1096
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role. If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please [ Link removed ] .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then [ Link removed ]
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Nuclear Power
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Safety Principles