Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Financial Analyst based in Houston, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
The Financial Analyst (FA) position will be supporting Low Carbon Ventures (LCV) and Power and responsible for:
- Working closely with other FA’s in LCV and individuals supporting operations as responsible analyst supporting finance operations and financial reporting.
- Performing analysis and preparing monthly journal entries.
- Preparing monthly close schedules and financial statements.
- Performing account reconciliations.
- Ensuring monthly close deadlines are met.
- Assist with review and reporting of financial master data, AFEs, time-writing, payroll and inventory.
- Working closely with other departments in recording and analyzing financial data.
- Assisting with ad hoc requests for financial information, including audit requests.
- Assisting with other accounting-related projects impacting LCV, which may include support for SAP and other reporting system integration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related degree.
- Minimum 3 to 4 years with public accounting; 1 to 2 years Industry Accounting Experience.
- Strong analytical and communication skills; comfortable dealing with peers and management .
- Equity investment knowledge including consolidations and accounting experience.
- Microsoft Office knowledge, advanced Excel, is highly preferred.
- Experience with SAP or another general ledger accounting system, is preferred.
- Must have a strong customer service attitude as well as strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate a high degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to analyze data and reach own conclusions.
- A team-player, willing to help as needed to meet departmental deadlines.
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and meet short deadlines.
- Good problem solving and time management skills.
- Ability to work overtime required for monthly closing activities.
- Upstream Oil and Gas experience / background a plus.
- SAP experience a plus.
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Accounting Software
- Customer Service