If you are a Manufacturing & Operations professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Sidney, OH location, you will support manufacturing processes in order to achieve safety, quality, productivity, and cost objectives. The role is an integral part of continuous improvement projects and interfaces with employees at all levels of the organization. This position will assist and lead projects such as new product introductions, procurement of new equipment, financial justification, process improvements, troubleshooting equipment and assisting the maintenance staff. AS AN AUTOMATION ENGINEER/SR, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Conceptualize & develop process improvements and cost reductions
- Utilize automation and lean manufacturing principles to reduce cycle time and waste elimination
- Read and understand mechanical drawings, 2D & 3D as well as electrical and hydraulic drawings
- Support all controls functions including PLC, HMI and all electrical components
- Support Automation which includes robotics, servo and laser etch/cutting processes
- Support and maintain PED, UL and CE certification
- Manage projects from concept and design through capital appropriation requests to qualification within project schedule and budget
- Self-initiate corrective actions for quality concerns based on effective problem solving skills and develop temporary and permanent solutions to manufacturing issues
- Develop documentation for use by operators and maintenance technicians to perform their duties and assist them in troubleshooting
- Comply with all required safety and regulatory requirements
- Be Proficient in both verbal and computer skills to effectively communicate to plant personnel, Engineering, Project Planning and external suppliers
- Flexibility to support a 2 shift operation (1st &2nd shift)
You will support manufacturing processes to achieve safety, quality, productivity and cost objectives. You will support projects by leading the automation and controls side of the project or action item. You will effectively interact with all employees at all levels of the organization.
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00 am - 3:00 pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering (Preferred), Welding Engineering, Mechanical/ Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering Technology or similar degree. Minimum of 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing engineering environment.
- Allen Bradley PLC/HMI programming and troubleshooting experience
- Robot programming and troubleshooting
- Servo programming and troubleshooting
- Competent with using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, AutoCAD and/or 3D design (Inventor, SolidWorks or NX)
- Competent in reading hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical prints
- Motivated self-starter and team player with excellent communication skills
- Legal work authorization in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with GMAW, GTAW, ERW, brazing, fabrication, pressing, material handling and complex product proliferation
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in a manufacturing engineering environment
- IT experience
- Proficient in 3D design
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year’s Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in [ Link removed ] which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , and [ Link removed ] . The area’s generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Microsoft Power Point