Improving America’s infrastructure isn’t for the weak. It takes grit, determination and hard work to execute high impact projects. Michels Corporation engages 8,000 people and 17,000 pieces of heavy equipment in our insatiable drive to be the best. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career as a Proposal Manager can change yours.
As a Proposal Manager, your key responsibilities will be to develop qualifications and proposal materials in coordination with Project Managers, Contract Administrators, Estimators, Schedulers and other internal and external business partners. The Proposal Manager must be able to handle multiple projects at one time, possess the ability to successfully negotiate terms and conditions while managing tight deadlines.
- We are consistently ranked among the top 10% of Engineering News-Record’s Top 400 Contractors
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We reward hard work and dedication with limitless opportunities
- We believe it is everyone’s responsibility to promote safety, regardless of job titles.
- You thrive in fast-paced environments under tight deadlines
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with your teammates
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- You look forward to the challenge of coordinating with multiple groups
- You are adaptable to varying expectations and requirements
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business, Construction Management, or Engineering preferred
- 5 to 7 years of proposal development experience in heavy civil infrastructure, marine, DOT and/or alternative delivery is required
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles which may be driven and an acceptable driving record as determined by Michels Review Team
- Graphic Design experience a plus
- Experience in the construction, engineering and/or architecture industry preferred
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Construction Management