Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready? Our values:
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet. Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
Position: Senior Engineer - Civil & Structural (Offshore) The Role
Our Energy business has been operating for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. These are critical times in how the world generates and uses Energy. Our Design and Engineering teams are key to the multi-disciplinary design and assurance services that we provide to our Clients in the Renewables, Conventional Generation, Oil & Gas, Energy from Waste, Energy Storage and Petrochemical Markets. By working with the vibrant Energy and Consultancy Business, you will have the opportunity to work across the whole market including Renewables and Oil & Gas.
A growing workload within the Offshore Wind business is providing exciting opportunities to work within large multi-disciplinary teams delivering complex, innovative solutions. In this role, you will work primarily with the Offshore Wind Team as part of a workshare programme with the UK offices, leading the technical delivery of offshore projects. We have been involved in nearly 60 offshore windfarm developments around the globe, have fully designed 19 offshore substation projects, over 300 offshore WTG foundations (both monopiles and jackets) for both fixed and floating substructure, and are involved in the daily structural integrity management of over 1000 WTG structures and have experience on 11 floating offshore wind projects.
Within the oil and gas division, our services are focused on upstream operations engineering i.e. maintain safe and efficient operations for operators, and offshore engineering encompassing fixed, floating and subsea facilities. Having worked on 1,000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operators’ ‘go to’ company for difficult challenges in engineering, operations, life extension and ultimately decommissioning which is expected to be a growing market. Our structural Oil & Gas team works on some of the most exciting and varied projects in onshore and offshore Oil and Gas sector, including front end design, consultancy studies, integrity management of topsides and subsea structures of fixed and floating assets, and decommissioning. The Person
You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication, listening, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to manage client relationships, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead technical delivery teams.
You will have good experience in a Structural Analysis and Design role, with specific experience in undertaking primary steel analysis of offshore substructures.
You will have experience of delivering full packages of design work. You will be able to appreciate complex practical, technical and commercial issues and to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders; leading project teams that are either local to you or distributed across multiple sites. This will include everything from hand calculations, written reports to linear and non-linear analysis work.
You’ll enjoy turning your hand to new challenges and will be keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse teams.
You’ll be self-motivated, positive, enthusiastic, reliable, consistent and have a mature approach to work – appropriate to delivering growth in the face of challenging market conditions. Senior Structural Engineer
- An engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural naval architecture or similar.
- Experience of leading teams of engineers to deliver complete packages of work, as well as being the main point of contact for technical discussions with clients.
- Demonstrable experience in producing detailed designs and good understanding of local and global analytical processes of offshore structures.
- Experience of working with local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
- Proven success in structural projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience in participating in appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
- Offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, floating and subsea systems – particularly using SACS/SESAM software.
- Experience in the application of offshore structural standards including ISO, DNVGL, IEC & NORSOK
- Experience in the application of spectral and deterministic fatigue methodologies
- Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
- Experience of applying appropriate quality assurance and reporting.
- Experience of partaking in elements of bids and engaging directly with clients.
- Ability to report, interpret and communicate the engineering implications of complex analysis results to colleagues and clients, including the implications of problems encountered in the delivery of work.
- Excellent report writing skills and experience in the delivery of technical presentations to external clients.
- Understanding of structural engineering first principals, this is a technical role.
- Management, assessment and analysis of designs, modifications and anomalies.
- Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred.
- Background in offshore structural integrity service delivery is advantageous
- Chartered status with a recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
- Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required with opportunities for international travel
- Customer Relationship Management
- Enterprise Application Software
- Hardworking And Dedicated