Wärtsilä Voyage radically transforms how vessels perform their voyage by leveraging the latest digital technologies, to deliver a step-change in safety, efficiency, reliability, and emissions.
We are developing a unique integrated infrastructure that combines the bridge systems, cloud data management, data services, decision support tools, and access to real-time information, resulting in a smarter Voyage. Our customized, eco-conscious approach ensures that not only do our customers all around the globe reap the full benefits of the technology revolution, they actively contribute towards achieving a sustainable shipping future. With the broadest Smart Marine portfolio in the market, Wärtsilä Voyage is well positioned to lead the industry towards becoming digitally connected across the entire value chain – let us take you on a journey!
As a Production Technician you will join a business who prides themselves in manufacturing high specification microwave and laser local position reference sensors for marine Dynamic Positioning (DP) applications. We form enhance the product portfolio in providing ‘intelligent’ shipping digital solutions to not only improve efficiency and safety of our maritime customers. As an agile and driven business, we are looking for high performance individuals who, like us, are passionate about outstanding customer service and delivering results. We work in a challenging market, so not only do we recruit the best people we go to great lengths to help our people continue to grow within the business. We invest in developing their skills and expertise in return for their passion, and ambition. Our team ethos forms the heartbeat of the company centred around our core values of innovation, entrepreneurialism, agility and customer focus.
The successful candidate will be based out of our office in Leicester, United Kingdom.
As a Production Technician, you work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Manufacturing and testing products within the organisation to ISO-9001 quality standards.
- Delivering offsite testing of products as part of factory acceptance tests.
- Ensures compliance to product specification and that all relevant paperwork is completed accurately.
- Initiates actions to identify and address problem areas.
- Takes action to achieve and improve throughputs providing the management team with proposals, suggestions and ideas with which to continue to force down the costs of manufacturing and recognise continuous improvement initiatives for all areas.
- Assist with the development of work instructions.
- Interface with Engineering with design related improvements and new product introduction.
- Repair and test multi-products.
You will shine in this role when you have:
- A background in mechanical assembly and/or wiring.
- Skills in similar testing environments and experience of using Multimeter, Power Supply and Oscilloscope would be advantageous.
- The ability to solder in line with IPC standards.
- The aptitude to pay high attention to detail and work to specified local work instructions.
- Strong communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
- A keen eye and look to provide effective solutions.
Why you and us
We have an amazing team and a clear purpose to exist. We are passionate about the work we do and hope to find a colleague with a shared passion for smart technologies and a sustainable future.
All our employees are encouraged to utilise the variety of training activities, learning solutions and self-study materials that we have to offer which supports the opportunity to further develop your talents and competencies within a very global working environment, in an ambitious and growth orientated organisation.
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 31 May 2021, through submitting your application through our careers portal.
In case you have questions about the open position, please contact:
Production & Facilities Manager
Email: [ Link removed ]
Please apply by 31 May 2021 at 23:59 EEST. Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. [ Link removed ]
Continuous Improvement Process
New Product Development