Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Business Unit: Well Testing
Reports to: Operations Manager
Travel Requirement: Yes
Select’s Well Testing Lead Operator will report directly to his/her supervisor in regard to any matters related to daily business operations. Each Lead employee will carry out the instructions and guidance of his/her supervisor in the event of the supervisor’s absence.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to
- Must have full knowledge of high pressure Well Testing equipment, including the repair and maintenance of Test Separators, and their controls
- Must be able to flow high pressure wells through plug valve manifolds,
- Must be able to turn a well to sales without supervision, and be able to troubleshoot Lease Equipment
- Must be able to take the lead in maintaining equipment, and vehicles on location
- Must be able to take the leadership role, and make sure all safety standards are complied with
- Responsible to learn and fulfill all job service requirements, including reporting as it pertains well production data, incident reporting, job specific information, and charges for each application
- Capable of drafting a thorough and accurate JSA identifying all job tasks, the hazards associated with these tasks, and the steps to mitigate the issues
- Observe all safety rules at all times, including keeping workspaces (including vehicles) clean & free of safety hazards
- Team player (willing and effective at receiving guidance and feedback)
- Properly and consistently complete and update a JSA as the situation changes
- Fully understands customer downhole goals and associated impacts from well testing operator decisions and actions
- Reporting accurate, hourly data (or required customer frequency)
- Communicate and annotate detailed shift changes
- Coordinate and/or participate in rigging up/down test equipment
- Prepare equipment for jobs and load out
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- 3 years’ experience as a Lead Operator
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Energy service experience helpful
- Exhibit ability to be a strong team player
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an environment of constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to Select’s insurance guidelines
- A - Accountability: Take ownership of actions and outcomes.
- C - Continuous Improvement: Embrace the necessity for change and commitment to continual growth and progress.
- T - Teamwork: Encourage and support a collaborative, safe, and engaged work environment.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Top Tier Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, coverage in addition to life and disability insurance plans
- Paid Vacation Days and Paid Holidays
- Retirement and Savings (401K) Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Physical Demands and Exposures
- Work is regularly performed in outside weather conditions, including rain and extreme cold and heat, near moving mechanical parts; exposure to high wind, ice, snow, wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, and dust is expected.
- Exposure to noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection
- Prolonged sitting, standing, walking
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to individually lift: Maximum 100 lbs
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Select is an equal opportunity employer. It is Select’s policy to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to any protected class, status, characteristic, or activity. All employment decisions, including decisions regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, advancement, discipline, discharge, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are made without regard to any lawfully protected class, status, characteristic, or activity.
Clean Air Act Select requires all employees whose jobs may involve environmental compliance to understand and comply with the U.S. Environmental Protections Agency’s Clean Air Act that regulates air emissions from stationary and mobile sources. A copy of the Clean Air Act can be provided to you upon request from Human Resources.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)