Job Title : SR. BUSINESS ANALYST (Industry Solution- Oil & Gas)
Reference Code : OG-7001627
Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products, synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA) andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
Provide specialist support to Business End Users for the SAP install base of Industry Solution-Oil & Gas (IS-Oil & Gas) Modules including SAP Logistics core Modules Sales & Distribution (SD), Materials Management (MM), Logistics Execution (LE) etc. for Hydrocarbon Product Processes & Reporting, leverage latest SAP technology and enable consistent user experience across all platforms.
Collect, analyse & provide inputs to establish IS-Oil Section strategy, vision and priorities based on industry best practises by engaging with Business and ICT management to meet corporate goals and reduce costs.
Implement and Support appropriate SAP solutions to improve IT cost effectiveness, service quality and business development while meeting QP current and future needs.
Provide advice and guidance to Business / Various Departments on improving.
business processes and functions by analysis, benchmarking and development of detailed SAP Business Process functional and technical specifications.
Evaluate new technologies for systems and business process improvements by conducting research to recommend improvements to Management and ensure optimal provision of solutions.
Maintain the integration of business processes within the various SD and IS-Oil modules and with other modules like Supply Chain Management (SCM), Finance/Controlling (FI/CO) etc. Also work closely with the Technical Team for effective management of Security, Roles and Authorizations.
Plan and Conduct the customer contact workshops to improve business effectiveness by reviewing & optimizing the usage of the SAP system. Provide clarification on business processes, identify areas for improvement, training needs and meet agreed
Plan, execute and report the status of projects, manage risks and resolve issues to achieve project goals using latest SAP ACTIVATE methodology.
Participate and advise business for implementation of new business functions and solutions to complex business problems.
Contribute towards Sectional KPI’s and targets that are aligned to the ERP Competency Centre and Directorate objectives.
Represent in intra/inter-company forums which brings together business process owners and industry specialists on a common platform to promote information dissemination, lessons learned and the exchange of ideas
Participate, in ICT initiatives to develop clear policies and procedures to procure, deploy and support efficient and effective computer information technology systems based on industry best practices.
Escalate and Resolve SAP product issues through active collaboration with SAP AG.
Translate QP business requirements to SAP functionality through analysis. Design and configuration of business processes, resolution of gaps, business process remodeling and testing to deliver optimum SAP solutions.
Manage resources and budgets through proper planning in order to finalise projects and tasks to meet business goals and objectives.
Create and manage Quality Management Systems (QMS) processes & procedures by development of documentation in order to achieve a standard approach to work practices and technologies.
Experience & Skills
• SAP Certification in Sales & Distribution / IS-OIL
• A total of 9 years professional work experience that includes:
• a minimum of 5 years hands-on SAP implementation / support experience including at least 2 full life cycle implementation projects as Senior Consultant for SAP IS-Oil covering Business Process Design, Configuration, Gap Analysis, Development, Testing and Training
• a minimum of 4 years of proven experience in Marketing, Logistics, Storage & Distribution, Oil & gas information management Function with demonstrated management experience in an Oil and Gas organization
• In-depth hands on expertise of SAP IS-Oil / SD / MM applications such as Sales, Shipping, Billing, Pricing, Credit Management, Hydrocarbon Product Management, Silo Management, Transportation & Distribution, Hydrocarbon Inventory Management, Marketing, Formula Average Platts based pricing, and Contract Order Entry. Experience in SAP IS-Oil TSW and SAP UOM is preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of best business practices in Marketing, Pricing, Storage and Distribution functions in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industry
• Good knowledge of integration touch points of IS-Oil Module, SD Module with all Logistics & Finance Module and ability to understand requirements for establishing interfaces to external systems for transfer of data from operation system to SAP and SAP to Upstream system.
• Experience of Accelerated SAP project management methodology (ASAP, Solutions Manager) and Activate methodology, programme / project management and service level management
• Experience in managing and executing multiple high value ICT projects, through contracts and/or internal resources, on time and within budget
• Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement. Operates independently using mature judgment in planning and performing assignments and achieving defined objectives
• Excellent people management, problem solving, persuasion, negotiation, and decision making skills & team player.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate with a multi-cultural and multi-national workforce
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to communicate concepts as appropriate to customers, contractors, and staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Petroleum or equivalent
Process Improvements (Business)
Benchmarking (Project Management)
Business Process Modeling