Are you looking for a job where you work with cutting-edge technology and you are not afraid of heights? Then Vestas is looking for an Onshore Technician like you!
Sales > SBU NCE > BNL
Vestas Benelux is a Sales Business Unit with its main office in Arnhem (Netherlands) and is responsible for the Sales, Construction and Service of Vestas wind turbines in the Netherlands and Belgium. Our Benelux organisation has approximately 150 employees, most of them Service Technicians working in the different regions. In the main office there're approximately 60 employees employed.
The objective of the Onshore Technician (f/m) role is to assemble, make operational, ready to operate and maintain the wind turbines under contract to the employer, so that they operate efficiently and effectively to make a maximum contribution to the operating result, with maximum customer satisfaction.
- Performing (preventive) maintenance, periodically checking and testing the operation of the wind turbines (or components), in accordance with current rules or work instructions
- Troubleshooting and, where possible, repairing failures
- Assembling components and main components according to current rules or work instructions, if necessary, making use of internal or external cranes
- Doing various electrical and mechanical works (e. g. electrical connections, failure analysis and maintenance, assembly and maintenance of mechanical parts)
- Submitting requests to the planner of materials & services for specialists, after consultation with the foreman in your region, and ensuring that any allocated staff comply with the prescribed procedures, work instructions and rules relating to quality, working conditions, safety, the environment and engineering
- Cooperating on workplace inspections at worksites and offering on-site support with specialist projects and offering support to suppliers
- Administrative duties, compiling service reports including keeping a record of the materials used per turbine, etc.
- Experience and/or degree within electricity and/or mechanics. You are also eager to develop your skills within these areas
- Hydraulic experience is an advantage
- Professional experience in this area
- Basic knowledge of MS Office
- Very good knowledge of Dutch and English
- Driver's license class B/B-E
- Living in Belgium or close to border in Hasselt-Genk area (50 km) or willing to relocate on own expense
- Willingness to travel, nationally and internationally
- Comfortable with working at heights
- Safety awareness
- Open and friendly attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and customer relation skills
What we offer
We offer a challenging job, an excellent learning environment and opportunities for career development at the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment in a growing industry. An attractive salary and benefits package are included.
Living in Belgium or close to border in Oudsbergen area (50 km) or willing to relocate.
Please apply online on our career portal – thank you.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Complex Problem Solving