Taylor Hopkinson is working with a major developer to appoint a WTG Package Engineer to work across several recently awarded offshore wind projects.
The role will lead the engineering of WTG packages to achieve first time engineering, fabrication, transport, installation, commissioning and operation for the design life of the projects.
This is a full-time, permanent position which can be based in London or Scotland.
- WTG package input to front-end project development.
- Assess Technology Readiness Level of new products, develop a project Technology Plan and manage the vendor to deliver this.
- Develop the technical portion of the package requisition including functional specifications and information requirements.
- Lead critical assessments and work closely with the Quality Lead to define test and inspection requirements.
- Complete the technical bid evaluation.
- Performance manage vendor package engineering.
- Technical verification of package engineering including leading design reviews.
- Verify supplier documentation and manage the document review process.
- Use this information to inform inspector visits and lead client verification of Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Support technical queries from other project functions, particularly operations and commissioning.
- Verify package technical close-out and recommend readiness to ship.
- Identify spares requirements to meet the plant availability requirements.
- Capture lessons at keys stages during the package management lifecycle to inform project knowledge.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering at Bachelors level (US/UK) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated technical competency in mechanical engineering discipline with broad understanding of the applicable codes and standards for the scope.
- Significant experience of projects (pre-FEED/FEED/detailed design, construction, installation and operations support).
- Significant relevant experience working within the WTG package across development and execution phases of an offshore wind project.
- Understanding of the interfaces and interaction with supporting engineering disciplines for the scope of this package.
- Understanding of technical risk identification and management processes to deliver safe and competitive projects.
- Understanding of Quality Management process for engineering, manufacture and installation.
- Understanding of technical aspects of competitive procurement process for packages.
- Ability to performance manage others (including. 3rd party engineering services providers) and support timely decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across functions and within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Decision Making
- Engineering Design Process
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Interpersonal Skills