Element has an opportunity for a Senior Machinist to join our rapidly expanding team. As a member of the operations team, the Machining position performs a variety of routine and non-routine machining assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate test results under direct supervision. The technician positions must be proficient in a number of core business skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Performs duties comparable to that of a machinist, utilizing the added skills and knowledge that come with earning an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a mechanical related field
- Ability to mentor and train machinists who have less experience through effective communication of technical data
- Ability to explain machining techniques and specifications to a larger group drawing from past experience and knowledge as an expert on best practices and customer specifications
- May also serve as machinist team lead and direct and/or coordinate work flow within the shop
- Designs, sets-up and performs a majority machining tasks according to customer specifications and requirements
- Requires little supervision and technical input of a Department Manager, Principal Machinist, Project Coordinator or Engineer
- Maintains equipment and schedules preventative maintenance
- Gathers and records dimensions in accordance with quality assurance requirements
- Working knowledge of laboratory safety
- HS diploma or GED certificate preferred. College or vocational school coursework welcomed
- May possess advanced engineering qualifications, normally at Bachelor degree level and/or 6-8 years of significant experience in a machine shop environment
- Depth of understanding related to machining concepts, measuring instruments and dimensional concepts.
- Working knowledge of machine shop safety protocol
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry a plus
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.