Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
Due to increased activities and project pipeline, we are now looking for a Technical Expert to join our team at Stord.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
As a Technical Expert you will be responsible for providing technical support to internal and external customers on electrical automation systems including power management systems,
integrated automation systems, switchboards, generators, electrical motors, transformers UPS, frequency converters and battery hybrid systems. You will contribute to product
development and product improvement processes for electrical and automation products and to project engineering. When necessary you will execute Root-Cause-Analysis.
You keep yourself updated on relevant technology developments and assist in pre-study and offering phase in cooperation with Service Sales.
Main work tasks:
• Provide technical advice, failure analysis, condition analysis and support to the other services department activities (Sales; Sales Support; Projects; Ship service/Repair; Field service) and marine solutions.
• Perform field testing, site surveys and related analysis on request-basis
• Contribute with input to necessary product improvement actions based on field feedback screening and analysis results
• Based on field experience, provide inputs to maintenance recommendations and intervals
• Provide support and knowledge for reconditioning and retrofit activities
• Update product databases and documentation if a modification is made to an installation.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
• A BSc or MSc within the field of electrical and automation.
• Relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education.
• Minimum 3 years relevant working experience with service and/or commissioning of marine electrical and automation equipment
• Technical skills in power distribution systems, frequency converters or automation system.
• Analytical problem-solving skills and competences in using engineering and software tools and are skilled when it comes to technical writing.
• As a company we focus on customer needs and satisfaction and set high standards for quality, which means that our candidate has strong customer focus.
You have good communication skills as you will communicate internally and externally, and you are also capable to work in different environments.
• Good command in English, both oral and written.
What do we expect from you?
Our candidate has technical skills in power distribution systems, frequency converters or automation system. You have analytical problem-solving skills and competences
in using engineering and software tools and are skilled when it comes to technical writing. As a company we focus on customer needs and satisfaction and set high standards for quality,
which means that our candidate has strong customer focus. You have good communication skills as you will communicate internally and externally, and you are also capable to work in different environments.
Contact & next steps
Does this sound like the job for you? If yes, we hope to hear from you before the application deadline 18th December 2022, through submitting your application through our careers portal.
We aim to keep you updated on the process all the way.
Are you still wondering if you should apply and would like to get something clarified? Please reach out to Sven Askild Salomonsen, Manager Ship Electrification Solutions,
through e-mail: [ Email address blocked ] with any questions related to this position (only for questions from direct job applicants, applications through email will not be recorded or responded to).
Last application date: 18/12/2022
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on [ Link removed ] .
- Customer Demand Planning
- Failure Analysis