Assistant Design Manager - Accommodation Works Ref: 511766
I am recruiting for an Assistant Design Manager to work on HS2 delivering civil engineering works across an 80km section of the new high speed rail link between the Chiltern Tunnel and Long Itchington Wood. My clients scope of the works includes 15 viaducts, 5km of green tunnels, 22km of road diversions, 67 overbridges and around 30 million cubic metres of excavation. My client is committed to improving lives, communities and the engineering and construction industry by providing sustained employment opportunities and being a good neighbour, protecting the environment and the places we work.
Assistant Design Manager Package:
Company car / allowance
25 days holiday
Assistant Design Manager Role:
• The role will undertake technical engagement with landowners and their agents, to ensure that Accommodation Works requirements are scoped, agreed and designed to mitigate impact on the programme and enable positive relationships with affected landowners. This will require close working with the Agricultural Liaison Officers, HS2 Ltd representatives and Valuers.
• The role may include coordination with other project contractors (e.g. Enabling Works, utilities contractors) to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach is taken to deliver the Accommodation Works.
• Coordination of Accommodation Works design and construction between landowners, design team and Project Delivery team
• Contribution to valuation of Accommodation Works with commercial functions and HS2 Valuers
• Interface with Planning Consents Manager and Highways Design Coordinator in relation to consent / approval requirements for Accommodation Works
• Ownership of specific Undertakings and Assurances related to accommodation works and land issues
• Assist in preparing tender enquiries for supply chain procurement
Assistant Design Manager Requirements:
• Experience in Database administration and use
• IT Skills - Knowledge of MS Office
• Good communication skills
• Ability to manage own workload
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Experience working in large infrastructure projects