Job Title: Customer Project Technical Senior Engineer
As part of the Execution Center team:
- Act as the leader of the technical content of the project and be the single point of contact regarding all project technical topics.
- Make sure customer technical requirements are fulfilled (in terms of performance, quality, costs, and time), in compliance with the contract, and based on the Architecture & Technical specifications defined during the tendering phase.
- Lead a technical team composed of "customer project technical designers and engineers and ensure technical coordination of all projects stakeholders.
- Lead all technical aspects of customer-integrated projects, such as design, implementation, testing, FAT.
- Manage technical risks and interfaces between the project team stakeholders and the customer; and get final customer approval of the overall technical solution designed and delivered.
- Support during the tendering phase to provide a technical solutions to meet customers’ requirement
Scope and Environment
- Part of a customer project execution/application center.
- Project technical teams are located spread among one or several sites/countries in East Asia, requiring international collaboration with other functional teams/stakeholders.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
Technical team coordination & management:
- Lead & approve the basic and detailed design of all technical aspects of an integrated solution, in line with customer and contract requirements (technical performance);
- Make sure the project technical team delivers according to the project planning;
- Monitor technical costs, make sure budget for the technical part is under control;
- Coordinate all technical implementation activities done at factories or supplier premises and testing facilities until project closure.
Technical coordination of project stakeholders:
- Work in close collaboration with PM & other technical designers and engineers who take care of part of the technical scope;
- Identifies whether specific expertise support is needed and coordinates the expertise actions if any;
- Lead and coordinate all technical aspects of the sub-contracted parts of the project, in strong coordination with the procurement team;
- Act as a single point of contact for all project stakeholders regarding the technical content of the project; and ensure technical coordination among the project team.
Design & Implementation: according to her/his field of knowledge,
- Perform, review some design and specification activities, by leveraging Schneider Electric portfolio of products & systems in an optimized manner, in order to maximize profitability and limit technical risks; May perform some implementation/test activities (testing, FAT, etc).
Risk & Opportunity Management, Change management, Alert:
- Identify any potential changes versus contract or already agreed design;
- Work closely with PM to specify the changes and their implications for Schneider Electric (including cost impact evaluation), until getting a variation order.
- Alert PM of any substantial issue that could affect the project performance or customer satisfaction.
- Lead technical discussions and clarifications with customers.
- Act as the key and trusty contact person for all technical topics related to the project.
Quality process, Methods, Tools:
- Support PM to ensure full compliance with Schneider-Electric processes (especially CPP & TDP), and with quality instructions, safety requirements, and governance principles.
- Lead the technical team to correct any technical deviations or quality issues occurring during project execution.
Community of practices & Coaching:
- Take part in Technical Leaders' Community of Practice within her/his Execution Center, or globally within the Technical Excellence Community network.
- Identify, get, formalize, share and promote lessons learned and best practices.
- Act as a role model and/or coach junior technical engineers and designers.
- Be connected with LoBs and stay tuned on the last technical evolutions of equipment & systems (in her/his field of engineering, acting then as a referent in the Community).
Requirements and Qualification
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Vietnamese (Native)
- Fluent English (TOIEC 700 )
- Other languages are a plus.
- Minimum 10 years in the leading technical scope of projects in Power systems or Electrical Distribution System application
- 5 years working in one or several engineering application domains: Power, Automation & Software, Telecom & IT, Cyber Security, Mechanical & HVAC, Structural is a plus.
- Technical experience in a specific market segment (e.g. Power GRID & Utility, OGP, MMM, F&B, etc..) or in a customer application/process is a plus.
- Ability to lead functional and remote technical teams
- Ability to communicate (written, verbal) in concise and synthetic manner on technical issues/topics.
- Ability to read and understand applicable standards
- Ability to learn from others, share her/his knowledge, coach others and collaborate efficiently.
- Change Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Computer Security