Engineering Job Description:
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Join Us!
The Caterpillar Large Power Systems Division is looking for a Sr Engineer to accelerate our development of Advanced Power Systems focusing on the design and validation of hydrogen fuel cells for a wide variety of applications. In this role, you will be responsible for developing innovative designs using fuel cell technology the meet the rigorous demands of off-highway equipment, locomotives, and stationary electric power generation. You will enable the delivery of sustainable, zero carbon power to our customers around the world through the continued development of fuel cell power systems. You will have the opportunity to engineer products that will shape the future of Caterpillar’s advanced power systems products for electrification.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Fuel cell power system mechanical design and analysis across a wide range of power levels and products
- Develop FMEA based validation plans for fuel cell systems.
- Delegate detailed design tasks to third party engineering companies.
- Manage the design of sub-systems and deliver designs on time and budget
- Design early concept components for prototype builds and participate in builds
- Collaborate with component suppliers to procure the best products in the industry
- Protect Caterpillar’s intellectual property
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited curriculum
- Technical – CREO parametric or some solid modeling experience
- Technical – Basic CFD or 1-D analysis skills
- 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver high quality technical presentations
Top Candidates May Have:
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited curriculum
- Demonstrated results with design of complex mechanical or electrical systems
- Experience with design of electrical conductors, cabling, or wire harnesses
- Prior experience with power generation, engines, heat exchangers, or fuel cell product
- This position will close on July 3rd
- This position is located Peoria, IL
- Up to 20% Travel possible
- Relocation is available for this position (U.S. Only)
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides benefits on day one (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at [ Link removed ] .
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network [ Link removed ] .
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Installation Work
- Energy Production