This position is for a Project Manager having experience in the electric power industry. The position requires planning and executing medium/high voltage substation, distribution automation, microgrid, or utility system upgrade projects from inception to completion. The Project Manager will lead, direct, and coordinate the efforts of the project team consisting of design engineers, equipment production personnel, procurement personnel, field technicians, the contracts administrator, and contracting personnel.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a detailed project plan. Manage and control project scope, schedule, and cost with no supervision.
- Oversee the preparation of design and work specifications; develop work plans, schedules, budgets, and forecasts. Secure project staff and resources.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams. Manage the project team to ensure work is performed per contract and company requirements.
- Lead and direct the work of others. Provide technical and analytical guidance to the project team.
- Manage the adherence to safety, quality, and testing standards.
- Manage project communications and report project status to stakeholders.
- Manage and report project financials.
- Develop and improve client relationships.
- Identify new project opportunities. Provide technical assistance to the proposal development team on new opportunities.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Some travel to client sites within the U.S.
- Other duties as required.
- The person for this position must be a motivated team player, detail oriented, and one who enjoys undertaking challenging projects in the electric power industry.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS/BA degree: project management, engineering, or technology.
- 5+ years of project management experience in the electric power industry.
- Knowledge of medium/high voltage electrical systems and equipment design.
- PMP Certification or MPM.
- Ability to travel 40% based on departmental requirements.
Relevant Experience Required:
The position requires experience in the electric power industry. It is preferable that the candidate have prior experience planning and executing substation, microgrid, distribution automation, or utility system upgrade design-build projects. Prior project experience with medium/high voltage utility-scale electrical equipment and services is required.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Carrying: Occasional work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Pushing: Occasional lifting of items up to 50 pounds.
- Pulling: Occasional walking of moderate distances (1 mile) within the S&C complex, customer locations, etc.
- Bending: Occasional carrying of luggage, test equipment, tools, etc. to customer locations.
- Reaching: Occasional use of hand tools that require pushing forces.
- Handling: Occasional use of hand tools that require pulling forces.
- Other: Occasional bending or crouching to perform work.
- High Voltage
- Electrical Equipment
- Team Working