Bloom Energy is the leading force in transforming the way energy is generated and delivered. We are driving toward the parallel goals of growing a dynamic and forward-thinking company while creating a positive impact on our environment. Our mission is to make clean, reliable energy affordable globally. Our company is filled with smart and innovative thinkers and doers, and we never stop striving to improve our technology, to expand and improve our company performance, and to develop and support the many talented employees that serve our mission!
We are looking for a Process Engineer to join our team in one of today’s most exciting technologies. This role will report to Senior Manager, Process Engineering and based in Newark, DE.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, and implement processes that will help our team exceed the company targets for Safety, Quality, Productivity and Delivery
- Serve as a bridge between Manufacturing Engineering and Operations Management in the standardization of new and existing manufacturing processes
- Work with production technicians and team leads to develop standardized work for new and existing processes in both the manufacturing and non-manufacturing areas
- Develop and improve the flow of materials and information in and out of new and existing processes implemented in manufacturing and warehouse areas across four different facilities to eliminate waste and maintain a single-piece flow
- Develop and implement plant layout changes with cross-functional teams that improve the flow of materials through the manufacturing area
- Use lean manufacturing tools to identify waste in the process, determine the root cause of the waste, and implement continuous improvement ideas to eliminate the waste
- Work with warehouse and line technicians to design and implement flow racking, material transfer carts, and tooling carts to support material handling across four different facilities
- Lead on the job training with technicians, supervisors, and engineers focused on how they can use these tools to improve their job
- Lead projects with suppliers to find and eliminate waste in the total value stream by improving the flow of materials and information both within and through the supplier’s facility
- Support Operations by developing and tracking daily production metrics across the entire organization
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to fully develop and implement FMEA, control plans, APQP and PPAP activities
- Work with production technicians to design the layout of each station and implement the changes on the floor
- Ensure that improvements and solutions are in compliance with safety procedures and practices while guaranteeing superior product quality and reliability to our customers
- Design and implement new fixtures to improve operator ergonomics, quality, or performance, including go/no-go quality gages
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and problem solving techniques
- Ability to lead continuous improvement teams made up of technicians, supervisors, and other engineers
- Proven technical and project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong verbal, active listening, presentation and written communications skills required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and statistical software; with special focus utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and resolve issues with material flow in a hands-on manner
- Understand the critical elements of Manufacturing Statistical Process Control, (e.g., practical working knowledge and experience with SPC, Process Capability, Cp, Cpk, Cpm, etc.).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (preferably Chemical or Mechanical), Operations, Manufacturing or related field. Master of Science degree or MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment in a process/manufacturing engineering, materials management or quality engineering role
- Experience creating standardized work, job instructions, and value stream maps
- Ability to create 2D drawings using CAD
Database design skills
About Bloom Energy:
At Bloom Energy, we strive toward a 100% renewable future. Our Energy Servers are adaptable to new and innovative fuels while already acting as a cleaner and far more resilient source of power than existing solutions. We see hydrogen as a significant game-changer in the world’s energy usage, and Bloom Energy fuel cells and electrolyzers will be the industry standard for clean, efficient, and reliable energy production. We anticipate being able to work in concert with other renewable energy technologies to create a comprehensive system that will change the way energy in the world is produced, stored, transmitted, and used. For more information visit: www.bloomenergy.com.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Statistical Process Controls
Failure Mode Effects Analysis
Production Part Approval Process
Advanced Product Quality Planning