Eaton Industries (Canada) Company located in Burlington, Ontario is currently seeking a permanent Bilingual Project Management specialist within our EatonCare division.
The Project Management Specialist is responsible for proactively managing and coordinating the technical and commercial aspects of basic to high value complex project orders containing standard, assembled-to-order and engineered-to-order equipment. The incumbent will serve as a customer advocate and demonstrate a leadership role in complex issues related to the project, while communicating with plants, field sales, and assigned customer base regarding the status of orders including maintaining drawing and production schedules, specification requirements, and addressing technical and logistical concerns to ensure on-time and accurate delivery of project commitments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Maintain the commercial and technical integrity of assembled to order projects. This includes reviewing and understanding customer purchase order requirements, ensuring system data integrity, and maintaining financial control measures, drawing review and submittal, and providing technical clarifications.
Manage 100-175 active project orders, of varying complexity.
- Account responsibility: 25-35 assigned distributor branches.
- Where drawings are available, review and issue drawings or procure drawings from plant engineers.
- Responding to requests for quote, pricing adders/deducts for product changes.
- Manage multiple project orders and prioritize time and tasks effectively to serve customers.
- Maintain the scheduling and financial tracking of all assigned project orders including accurate invoicing, on-time shipments, and logistical planning.
- Communicate effectively with project managers, plants, credit, field sales, and other internal departments to ensure accurate, on-time delivery of project commitments.
- Communicate directly with the assigned customer base regarding the status of orders, shipment schedule, invoicing, and warranty resolutions.
- Supply documentation in the form of Operation and Maintenance Manuals, Spare Parts Lists and As-Built drawings in a timely manner.
- Maintain company objectives throughout the order cycle.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with complex and large projects in the industry, either in project management, sales/quotations, or engineering
- Bilingual (French & English)
- P. Eng or C.E.T designation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Efficient and effective communication skills (verbal and typed).
- Strong analytical approach, detail oriented, and creative problem solving techniques.
- Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficient with conflict resolution and interpersonal savvy.
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft applications
• Effective time management andproject management skills in face of shifting priorities
• Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organizediversified workload
• Efficient and effective communication skills (verbal and typed)
• Strong analytical approach, detail oriented, and creative problem-solvingtechniques
• Proven ability to achieve results in a fast-paced work environment
• Proficient with conflict resolution and interpersonal savvy
• Strong computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft applications andability to quickly learn new tools relevant to Eaton’s operation and desire tobecome subject matter expert on those tools
We are committed to ensuring equal employmentopportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions arebased upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, orany other status protected by law.
Eaton has in place accessibilitypolicies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected foran interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiringmanager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suityour needs. Accessibility information may be found at: : https://www.eaton.com/ca/en-gb/company/policies-and-statements/accessibility.html
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Creative Problem Solving