Join one of the largest renewable owners, operators and developers in the U.S., delivering innovative, renewable power solutions that accelerate the world towards a sustainable, low-carbon future. With current U.S. assets under management valued at $20 billion and over 190 utility-scale renewable energy generating facilities located across 34 states, Brookfield Renewable U.S. offers a multitude of career opportunities. Our dynamic organization is focused on our mission to optimize and drive value across our renewable energy portfolio, advancing the transition to a sustainable, clean energy future. Our value also extends well beyond the clean energy we produce. From our extensive renewable power fleet we make positive economic, social and environmental impacts in the communities where we live and work.
Brookfield Renewable U.S. attracts high-performing individuals who are driven to make an impact in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. We encourage collaboration across all levels of experience to promote learning, generate best ideas, and deliver quality results, with the aim for growth and career development. We offer unparalleled opportunity to lead and manage one of the largest renewable energy businesses with decades of history, while contributing to the global need for sustainable energy.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis – , the incumbent will manage the Financial Planning and Analysis team, responsible for providing analysis and insights into the business results for management reporting purposes.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the annual budgeting process, including the coordination with various stakeholders across the organization, the consolidation and analysis of regional budgets and the preparation of reports for senior management;
- Oversee the monthly forecast process, collaborating closely with regional operating groups and providing functional analysis to senior management;
- Oversee the analysis of quarterly results and the preparation of comprehensive reports for senior management;
- Perform/manage ad hoc projects, analysis and reporting required by senior management;
- Ensure the integrity and managerial usefulness of reports;
- Participate in the continuous improvement of systems and processes, focused on the quality and transparency of financial results and forecasts and to facilitate reporting throughout the organization;
- Provide support to the Director, FP&A in various related activities and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience in preparing materials for senior management;
- Solid analytical skills, strategic thinking and decision making ability;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with and build relationships with a diverse group at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to effectively organize time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most efficient way;
- Strong attention to detail; working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner;
- Proven team leadership skills; assuming a leadership role in helping others achieve excellent results.
- Recognized professional designation (CA, CMA, CPA, CFA);
- A minimum of six (6) years of progressive work experience;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a managerial role;
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP;
- Background of in-depth financial analysis and management reporting;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Experience using financial systems such as IBM/Cognos Controller, OneStream or IFS;
- Knowledge of the energy business is considered an asset.
International Financial Reporting Standards
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles