My Client is recruiting for a Senior Quantity Surveyor and a Quantity Surveyor in the Water Sector
The role is for a water industry experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor to work with existing teams in delivering a STW & WTW new and upgrade projects.
Reporting to the Contract Commercial Manager, you will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of Civil Engineering, Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominantly in the water industry.
What you'll be doing day to day:
- Assisting the proposals team to evaluate risk and opportunity during tender preparation.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Reviewing of contract documents to ensure that the company is protected from onerous terms and conditions.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Final account negotiation achieving the best possible outcome for company.
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Manage commercial performance against business targets and Framework KPI's.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met
Experience and Qualifications:
- Contracting background (Engineering)
- Quantity Surveyor qualification/Experience
- Full working knowledge of the NEC3 suite of contracts
- Understanding Contractual clauses and identifying risk/onerous conditions prior to engaging in contract with client
- WIP/Cash management
- CTC Management
- Resource Scheduling
- P&L reporting
- CVR'S and forecasting
- Change control (EW's and CE's)
- Delay and Disruption
- Applications for payment
- Risk and Opportunities management
- Driving profit improvement via the project teams.
- Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
- Water Industry Experience