You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
NDE Inspector (CWI/LEVEL II)
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for a NDE Inspector (CWI/LEVEL II) to join our Building & Construction team in our office located in La Porte, TX. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
What you’ll do:
- Ensure compliance with safety and environment guidelines, policies, and regulations
- Testing and inspection of structural steel during erection on general building and pipeline sites, as well as occasional plant inspections
- Perform visual inspections on welded products in progress and completed jobs
- Inspect weld jobs for defects such as cracks, porosity, undercut etc.
- Record results of tests and welding inspections
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component
- Reviews all welded products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept or reject the product
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides process improvements to management
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers
- Operates a calculator to calculate mathematical test results
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Technical Degree in Welding is preferred
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) Certification with D1.1 experience required
- CWI with Level II Ultrasonics required
- UT candidate must be certified in accordance with ASNT TC1A level II in the shear wave method
- Minimum of 2 years of AWS D1.1 structural steel inspection experience required
- Construction materials testing experience preferred
- Ability to read blueprints and understand, and interpret tolerances
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to receive, understand, and execute written and verbal directions
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Must be able to work well independently and with others
- Must be able to periodically work off shifts and overtime
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable driving record (required)
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] .
What we have to offer:When [ Link removed ] , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that [ Link removed ] are our strongest tool for success. We are an [ Link removed ] and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [ Link removed ] or call
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Materials Testing (Tests)
Job ID: 5563