TAE Technologies develops breakthrough solutions to the most complex problems of our time. Our core mission is to develop and distribute safe, cost-effective commercial fusion energy with the cleanest environmental profile. With close to 1,000 issued and pending patents and over $600 million USD in private capital, we are now on the cusp of delivering a transformational energy source capable of sustaining the planet for thousands of years. Our foundational technology has catalyzed a portfolio of spinoff opportunities in critical markets such as electric mobility, power management, life sciences and more. Multidisciplinary and mission-driven by nature, TAE Technologies is leveraging proprietary science and engineering to create a bright future for us all.
We currently have an opening at our Foothill Ranch, CA (Orange County) facility for an Senior LabVIEW Developer who can design, engineer, program and implement National Instruments (NI) systems associated with distributed control, real time control, and testing and data acquisition systems.
Working at TAE:
We are a diverse group of 200 of the most brilliant physicists, engineers and other experts from 30 countries around the world – all committed to improving our world through clean technology. TAE values individual expertise within our culture of collaboration. We offer generous benefits, vacation, career development programs and intramural ping pong.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, program, and document distributed control and acquisition projects from concept to completion using National Instruments software and hardware, including: PXI, RIO, and FPGA architectures
- Develop modular, readable and reusable LabVIEW code ensuring reliability, longevity and emphasizing continual improvement
- Develop engineering tools, including desktop and web based testing applications
- Ground up integration of complex FPGA code and models into Hardware In the Loop (HIL) systems using LabVIEW, open-source hardware and software platforms
- Integrate medium and high speed acquisition and control systems (500kSps-20MSps) to SQL databases and scientific data storage systems (MDSplus)
- Integrate and interface with vehicle control and communications systems using CAN and FlexRay protocols in combination with National Instruments hardware
- Commission and troubleshoot new electromechanical test systems
Technical Experience (Equipment, Tools, etc.):
- National Instruments hardware, PXI, PXIe using both Windows and RT Linux
- National Instruments distributed IO (eRIO etc.)
- Experience in HIL/SIL software architecture.
- Experience developing real-time/non real-time test applications in LabVIEW.
- Expert in electromechanical test and test automation.
- Familiarity and use of standard test equipment and acquisition to verify correct operation software and systems
- Strong understanding of high voltage and electrical principles.
- At least 3 years of experience with advanced LabVIEW programming in a scientific, industrial or research environment with an emphasis on control or HIL systems
- Successful development of projects from concept to completion
Highly Preferred Experience:
- Experience with integration of software and hardware in a high voltage or high current environment
- Experience with software programming of safety systems
- Experience with testing of high-power equipment, i.e. motors, power electronics.
- Experience of electric vehicle technology and a passion for EV’s and sustainable energy.
Software Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced LabVIEW programming with an emphasis on FPGA and HIL systems and their integration
There may be occasional domestic and overseas travel required.
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related physics or engineering discipline
Preferred Education: LabVIEW Certification (Certified LabVIEW Developer)
- Communications Systems
- Electrical Engineering
- Field Programmable Gate Array
- Test Equipment
- Pci E Xtensions For Instrumentation