Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Senior Controls Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Olean, NY facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees. For more information, visit [ Link removed ] .
The Senior Controls Engineer is a key contributor to the overall success of the production operation. This position is a mix of industrial controls and mechanical design. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager and will have direct interaction with Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering as well as various support functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide Production Support as needed. Troubleshoot, determine root cause, and repair production equipment as it pertains to motion control as necessary. Assist maintenance as required.
- Development of PLC control programming and HMI applications, primarily focused around the Rockwell RS Logix family of PLC and the FactoryTalk View Studio HMI software platforms for new equipment.
- Generate electric circuit drawings, various wiring diagrams, power-system schematics, and single line drawings to document designs.
- Design electrical and electronic hardware systems for machine control.
- Defining, requesting and coordinating the purchase of electrical materials, components, equipment, and support services for the construction, assembly, and conditioning of prototype parts and machines.
- Provide training support to Operations personnel in the proper setup, function and control of automated manufacturing equipment. Create and update process documentation as needed.
- Performing start-up services and technical support for new equipment.
- Contribute to ZISC (Zero Incident Safety Culture) by following safety practices and policies, identifying and minimizing hazards, and promoting a culture of safety.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Technology, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of work experience in programming and system development.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with PLC programming/troubleshooting in automation manufacturing.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in programming and system development.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with PLC programming/troubleshooting with Allen Bradley and HMI configuration experience including graphical screen development using Allen Bradley Factory Talk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Robotics experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Programmable Logic Controllers
Human Computer Interaction