You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: [ Link removed ]
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to support our client in the Matagorda, TX area.
You will be responsible for implementing best practices, developing and optimizing preventative maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities.
- Create specifications for engineered equipment for the purpose of obtaining quotations. (Fixed equipment includes vessels, towers, drums, heat exchangers, piping/piping components, furnaces, flares, filters and reactors).
- Monitor equipment performance and make improvement recommendations.
- Review vendor data, calculations and drawings submitted for approval and provide feedback to the vendor.
- Resolve technical issues, answer vendor questions and provide guidance to the vendor as needed to manufacture the equipment necessary for the project(s).
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 6 years’ experience providing mechanical engineering services.
- Experience in a Refining or Chemical Plant environment preferred. Experience in other related industries may be considered.
- Experience in mechanical design and analysis of pressure vessels (new and existing) and piping systems is preferred.
- API 510 experience and API 650 Tank experience preferred.
- Familiar with industry codes and standards related to their work including calculation methods, (ASME B31.3, ASME Section VIII, Division 1 and preferably Division 2, along with various API and other ASME Codes and national standards)
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills.
- Effective communication of complex issues across the organization.
- Pressure Vessel
Job ID: 5436