Involved with identification of underground utilities, witness digging and submitting daily reports. Responsible for data gathering, equipment calibration, equipment trouble shooting. Works under minimal supervision.
High School diploma or equivalent
Requires a minimum of 1-3 years of related industry experience in lease operations
• Calibrate one call line identification equipment and maintain documentation certification
• Install appropriate identification on company owned lines within specified timeframe through one call process
• Locate all underground facilities for One Call notifications
• Notify lease operator of planned digging and boring activity near flowlines and pipelines.
• Provide one call data for reports to governmental agencies
• Record one calls in a 'system' that allows for timely locates and is broadly viewable by division
• Oversee digging and boring in and around lines (Line Crossing Inspections)
• Keep pipeline map data current with GIS
• Must be able to read and understand maps
• Maintain compliance, in conjunction with and through close coordination with the Foreman and EHS Department, for all regulatory, environmental, and safety issues.
• Support and maintain all company policies.
• Secure and maintain all Devon issued equipment, including but not limited to computers, vehicles, and analysis or test equipment.
• Has the responsibility and authority to stop unsafe work by employees or contractors
• Must be flexible, willing to work weekends to cover PTO for other team members
• Will be on-call for One Call on weekends on a rotating schedule
• Travel and work extended hours on short notice
• Oil and gas industry experience preferred
• Practice safe work habits at all times
• Demonstrate commitment to Devon Attributes
• Strong commitment to safety and environment
• Basic computer skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work within a team environment
• Position requires operation of Company vehicles. Incumbent must meet requirements of Company Policy
• Must be able to safely and effectively wear Self Contained Breathing equipment and work in an H2S environment
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque
Equipment Operator, Geology, GIS, Compliance, Law, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering, Legal
- Breathing Equipment
- Oil And Gas
- Problem Solving
- Self Motivation