Are you a good engineer, who want to make use of both your technical- and collaborative skills? We are looking for an Assistant Lead Engineer, who wants to support us in shaping the products of the future.
Power Solutions > Product Solutions & Integration > LaC 2/4 MW Products
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, and tested. To put it short, we are shaping the future of modern energy and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,500 employees.
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Load & Control Platform (LaC) department is one of the key areas in shaping the products of the future. In close corporation with our internal product owner, we balance the trade-offs between power production and loading, while introducing new rotors, finally directing to the most innovative new products introduced to the market. The main deliveries from the department are loading envelope to other component groups as well as commercial power performance documentation directly supporting Vestas' position in the market.
Currently, the 2/4MW department consists of 14 highly skilled and motivated engineers situated in Aarhus. Given the size of Vestas, we have the privilege that employees can deep dive into details and find the optimal solution. The team is dedicated to do their very best every day and we encourage a culture where we positively and intentionally focus on supporting each other and collaborate on reaching common solutions - as we believe this maximizes the value of our products.
LaC Platform works in a global setup, you will be cooperating with our newly established design hub in Porto and colleagues in our office in Chennai, India. You will have many very high skilled colleagues in a social yet result-oriented atmosphere. Beside the colleagues from aboard, Load and Control department has a very diverse environment with colleagues with different nationalities.
- The job entails definition and tuning of the Loads & control strategy for new wind turbines supporting calculation of design loads, power performance and noise levels from early product feasibility state supporting the right product compromises, over maturing the loads and control setup, and finally ensuring verification between simulation model and field operation including productive handling of certification
- The Loads are assessed by using in-house aeroelastic tool like Flex5, HAWC2, allowing you to define product-level design loads & interfaces towards various systems
- The control strategy is implemented in a Matlab/Simulink based environment, allowing you to put full focus on solution development as the compilation to relevant targets is automated
- The work involves high level of engineering i.e. balancing a solution towards various specific requirements. You will mainly work with aero-elastic simulation software, time series analysis and control tuning using Matlab/ Simulink. You will be responsible for documenting and presenting your work in a precise way to your internal and external stakeholders
- With a lean mindset you always focus on improving the way we work by complex status quo, and hereby impacting the time to market, strengthening Vestas' engagement
- A PhD or M.Sc. within structural, civil, wind, mechanical, control or mechatronic engineering combined with 5+ years experience within the wind industry
- Proven history in running wind turbine product development from a load and control perspective
- Good competencies within innovative simulation of mechanical systems
You might have:
- Experience or knowledge of aeroelastic tools as Flex5, Bladed or HAWC2
- Programming experience for instance in Matlab
- Experience in respected projects following milestones and meeting deadlines, and maybe you are certified in project management
- Knowledge of control of mechanical systems knowledge of control of mechanical systems
- Actively motivate improving processes and test status quo for how load calculations are conducted
- Are able to direct engineering solutions within the area from start to end
- Are good at handling multiple stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- Are pragmatic and quality conscious
- Are result-oriented with a good focus on the task
- Have a creative approach to new tasks
- Can create achievement as part of a team as well as with independent tasks
- Collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and stakeholders
- Danish language skills are not mandatory, and we welcome international applicants
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a solid team in an exciting business with very solid products, supporting Vestas' overall mission. The working environment in Load & Control is informal but with clear direction.
You will be part of an effective matrix organization split between line management, technical leadership and project execution, where we focus on both professional and personal growth.
Come join us and you will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job - both professionally and personally.
Your work location will be Aarhus, Denmark.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Practical And Pragmatic