If you are a Project Manager professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Pittsburgh, PA, or Latham, NY locations, you will be a part of the Power Project Solutions group that provides fully engineered control system solutions for power plants in North America. The Power & Water Solutions Turbine Solutions group provides fully engineered control system solutions for power plants across the globe. The group focuses on the replacement of existing plant control systems with Ovation and provides all project management, engineering design, system integration, test, and commissioning services to deliver comprehensive solutions to our customers. As the successful candidate, you will be an essential part of the Turbine Solutions group with responsibilities for project execution, contract compliance, customer satisfaction, and financial return for projects of Distributed Control System solutions in areas of Hydro, Balance of Plant, Turbine (Electrical and Mechanical), and Digital Generator Controls mainly within the North American power industry. AS A PROJECT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Plans, forecasts, and manages project execution from start to finish, working with technical leads and/or group managers or designated mentor as needed, including necessary activities, procurements, resources, and schedule milestones.
- Assures Emerson's commitments to customers are met, following the contract, and seeks to improve customer satisfaction through a resolution to problems with speed and professionalism and consistent customer interaction. (communication, and customer meetings, e.g. kick-off, status reviews)
- Utilizes contract terms and conditions, and negotiation skills to maximize scope and change management, as well as cash flow, margin, and limit liabilities.
- Minimizes exposure to risk on the assigned projects by reviewing data from project sources and knows when to engage management for the final resolution of various issues. Make preliminary resolutions and recommendations during management reviews for such issues.
- Manages project budget and actively seeks to utilize Best Cost Engineering Center (BCEC) as appropriate, to meet established budgetary and schedule requirements.
- Apply quality procedures and enforces best practices. Comply with quality and schedule requirements, using appropriate gate reviews as established in quality procedures, and maintain related documentation for use during internal and external audits
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to Client to ensure highest quality standards are met
- Manage and report site activities in support of outages
- Participate in various assignments and meetings to acquire additional experience, sharpen skills and increase the knowledge base
- You anticipate customer needs and provide services that are beyond customer expectations.
- You provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization.
- You stage activities with relevant milestones and schedules.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Travel up to 20%
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Project Management Institute PMP certification
- Masters of Business Administration MBA
- Turbine scope retrofit involvement experience
- Automation controls on systems experience (DCS systems, other competitors)
- EPC scope and site management experience (Power plants is a plus)
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. [ Link removed ]
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual and family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Master Of Business Administration (Mba)
- Business Administration
- Change Management
- Dcs File Format