Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde’s industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at 961800298.
Linde Gas & Equipment Inc. is seeking a Process Engineer to join our team located in Medford, OR.
The Process Engineer’s primary focus will be improving production plant performance by initiating, planning and executing process improvements. These improvements will include safety improvements, up-time improvements, equipment reliability and integrity, tracking and eliminating downtimes, improving maintenance, improving first pass yield, and increasing production rates. The Process Engineer will work closely with operators, maintainers, and plant management. The process engineer will be responsible for identifying needs and solutions to meet production needs including support to quickly resolve unexpected downtime and process outages.
The Process Engineer will communicate and collaborate as needed with project management, customers, operations, procurement, safety, and business groups. The Process Engineer develops and implements innovative solutions for process, plant, and project-based problems. All activities will require excellent organization and communication.
Process Engineer (1st shift)
- Initiates and leads implementation of process improvements within the plant
- Develops project and initiatives which continuously improve plant safety in operations and maintenance
- Manages plant capital projects from initial scope development through start-up and commissioning
- Supervision of contractors and vendor representatives for onsite work to ensure compliance with all Linde Golden Rule and appropriate safety requirements
- Acts as the lead technical representative in HAZOPs and design reviews
- Participates in project and technical teams representing plant engineering
- Develops system designs for ultra-high purity gas purification, handling and disposal
- Establishes technical system requirements by reviewing product requirements, customer specifications, and performance standards
- Ensures compliance with Linde policy and government regulations
- Responsible to transfer projects from the Engineering Phase to Operations, including completion of project specific documentation such as installation drawings, SOP’s, risk assessment/HAZOPs, PSSR/commissioning procedures, customer presentations/progress reports, turnover manual, Lessons Learned/project close-out reports, etc.
- Maintains auditable compliance with OSHA PSM, EPA RMP and OFC standards and policies
- Perform and/or support the design of gas systems, including development of Process Flow Diagrams, P&IDs, BOM’s and fabrication drawings.
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering – Chemical preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a related industry preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge and experience with applicable NFPA codes and CGA guidelines
- Actively and visibly supports culture of collaborative safety and health in the workplace
- Demonstrates commitment to high level of operational discipline and compliance to standard work procedures
- Understanding of critical link between business success and customer quality expectations
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel and AutoCAD
- Skilled in working with multi-discipline stakeholders in the environment of an industrial plant operation
- Focused on delivering highly complex projects in a safe and timely manner
- Experienced with gas purification, ultra-high purity gas transmission and handling
- Experienced with CGA and NFPA codes
- Skilled in developing and maintaining project schedules utilizing MS Project
- Experienced in the development of project estimates by obtaining vendor quotes, developing material take-offs, and utilizing standard unit rates
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
- Auto Cad
- Business Process Improvement
- Industrial Control Commissioning
- Ms Project