Element has an opportunity for a Environmental Testing Technician whose prime responsibility is to assist the regional environmental field services department in Stack Emissions environmental testing and reporting at project sites.
Quick career progression with full on-site training, whilst working toward MCERTS qualification in Stack Emissions Testing. Training period with assessments is 2-2.5 years with pay increments at each stage.
Skills / Qualifications
- Support the Team Leader during on-site sampling and monitoring activities
- Driving to client sites
- Site inductions and participation in risk assessments
- Accessing monitoring locations and setting up equipment
- Operation of sampling and test equipment to measure emission levels
- Collation of site information relating to the monitoring and corresponding process activities
- Interaction and communication with customer contacts, regulators, etc
- Adherence to company and client health and safety protocols
- Cleaning, preparation, repair, calibration and maintenance of test equipment
- Maintaining stocks of consumable items
- Handling and shipment of samples to laboratories
- Maintenance of numerous records in accordance with our accredited QMS
- Interest in environmental monitoring and industrial processes
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous, however full training will be provided
- A full driving license is essential as extensive travel, including overnight stays, will be involved
- Good team player with a positive attitude and willingness to learn and develop
- Must be comfortable working outdoors, at heights, in physically strenuous situations, and where manual handling of scientific equipment is required
- Attention to detail and a desire to provide excellent customer service are desirable characteristics of the successful candidate
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Service
- Environmental Monitoring