Element has an opportunity for a Project Manager. This role is a key function in servicing our clients by ensuring flexibility and responsiveness to their demands, delivering efficient and excellent performance. The Project Manager has daily responsibility to technically supervise testing operations and give clear technical guidance as necessary across a wide range of the laboratory's testing capabilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsibility for technical review of quotations
- Review the full work scope to ensure that it can be executed in a safe way and at a high quality standard and if necessary ensuring a risk assessment is available
- Establish work programmes for testing including planning and implementing test schedules
- Review technical standards and requirements, and where appropriate write job specific test procedures, liaise with clients on all matters technical and status related.
- Maintaining, developing and improving process within the laboratory at all levels and in all areas.
- Provision of financial data relating to jobs under their control including accurate forecast of work to be completed
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Polymers or Environmental field
- Minimum 2 yrs experience managing lab testing schedules
- Familiar with a wide range of laboratory techniques from wet chemistry to FTIR, UV absorption, atomic absorption spectroscopy, NMR, XRF, gas/gas-liquid chromatography
- Familiar with a wide range of polymer properties, thermal expansion, thermal conductivity
- Familiar with a wide range of physical test methods, including tensile, flexural, compression, torsion modes
- Familiarity with national and international testing standards
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Manufacturing Laboratory
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- Oil And Gas
- Risk Analysis