Local Unit & Position Description
Bring a breath of fresh air into your professional life! Are you looking for a job, where you can be a trusted voice to tackle global transformations?
Would you like to thrive in a dynamic, international environment with lots of exiting challenges every day? Do you want to be part of a team of skilled colleagues and in a global organization where we work as one team? We invite qualified engineers looking for opportunities to join our team to help deliver design review and certification activities for the most challenging projects related to offshore wind energy facilities.
DNV Renewables Certification is the global market leader in Renewables Certification and work with the leading project developers and OEM’s being involved in more than 80% of Project Certification for fixed and floating offshore wind parks and offshore substations in the world.
For the Project Certification department, we are currently looking for Geotechnical Expert with a strong profile and keen interest in working with renewable energy.
Project Certification delivers services related to certification and verification primarily for Offshore Wind Farms, transformer stations and onshore support structures for Wind turbines as well as services including wave and tidal and other novel technologies via technology qualification. Activities cover all steps in the certification process from review of early designs to design verification, fabrication surveillance, commissioning and periodic inspection of installations in operation as well as project management.
Our team and the wider renewables certification have extensive experience with offshore projects and have worked with 80% of global offshore wind projects to date. We have an informal and humorous tone among us combined with a professional, diverse and international working environment. The candidates joining the team will be provided with excellent support to improve their technical knowledge, project management skills and understanding of offshore projects.
We seek you who have a MSc/PhD Engineering degree preferably in the field of Geotechnical / Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- High level of fluency in English is required. Good command of German or Danish language would be an advantage but it is not a prerequisite
- Structural engineering background with focus on structural integrity of offshore structures
- Relevant experience from similar positions
You should be experienced with some or all of the following topics:
- Geotechnical interpretation of soil data of offshore sites
- Relevant European and international offshore design codes and standards
- Relevant analysis tools
- Numerical analysis using FEM for soil structure interaction
- Offshore pile installation and testing
You should have the following personal qualifications:
- Team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Goal and solution-oriented
- Eager to learn and develop yourself
- Willingness to share experience
- Strong customer centricity and ability to convey the added value of DNV services
- Working in a dynamic global team with a varied and challenging field of duties
- Great potential for knowledge transfer by experienced engineers in a wide range of fields
- Flexible place of work (in the office and from home)
- Attractive salary incl. profit share and an employer-supported pension
- Involvement in wind farm projects worldwide
- Wide range of opportunities for individual further education, training and advancement
- The opportunity to actively shape the energy transition
If you're interested in applying, please submit your CV and cover letter in English.
For more information about this position, please contact: Stefan Baars,
Head of Section, telephone number:
Kindly be informed you may be requested to provide DNV with additional documents for a background check.
You will be hired on local conditions.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Customer Experience