About the role
An opportunity to join our growing Water and Environment Team as a Senior, Principal or Associate Director Sustainability Consultant, depending on your experience and capability, in our Dublin, Cork or Belfast office.
Jacobs has a portfolio of high profile projects with Transport Infrastructure Ireland, National Transport Authority, Irish Water, Eirgrid, Local Authorities and clients in the private sector. Our Ireland team are delivering projects for these Clients and we are looking for enthusiastic, broad minded and flexible staff to join our highly successfully team.
As a Senior/Principal/Associate director sustainability consultant you will lead and support a range of sustainability projects and programmes, providing technical expertise and advice in relation to a range of environmental and sustainability aspects in Ireland and the UK.
This will include, decarbonisation and energy transition, life cycle assessments, circular economy and resource efficiency, community and social value, sustainable procurement and stakeholder engagement. You will be delivering these services to clients with a particular focus on infrastructure, utilities, cities and government sector context.
You will be a positive communicator with strong influencing ability, who is able to lead tasks without direct supervision and coordinate the work of a small task delivery team. It is anticipated that you will have recently attained chartered status in a relevant professional programme or be seeking to do so in the next year.
You will be joining an enthusiastic and growing national and global community of practice who focus on sustainability and sustainable infrastructure solutions.
- A good degree qualification in a relevant environmental/natural science or similar subject;
- Relevant experience of a similar or related role
- Strong technical understanding of sustainability, climate change and environmental management and demonstrable experience of providing advisory and practical support in embedding sustainability or environmental management within organisations and projects;
- Knowledge and experience of supporting projects in addressing sustainability challenges and opportunities including any of the following decarbonisation, circular economy and resource efficiency, community and social value, life cycle assessment and/or sustainable procurement;
- Experience of working within the infrastructure environment with transport authorities or water, power, rail, and waste management infrastructure providers or local authorities;
- Strong data analysis and validation skills
- A proven track record of successful project or task management and delivery on environmental and/or sustainability projects and programmes
- Experience of developing sustainable approaches and methodologies for tender proposals
- Excellent report writing skills and substantial experience of report writing, presentations and workshop delivery
- The ability to package information for both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Excellent communication and team skills
- A focus and desire to work safely
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please [ Link removed ] .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Environmental Resource Management