Our client is a leading independent Oil & Gas company with operations worldwide. This opportunity is available in our UK subsidiary which manages operations in the Southern North Sea.
We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to be a member of our Operations Support Team based in Norwich. This position is responsible for the delivering solutions to process engineering issues for our offshore assets. In addition, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company process performance standards and HSE legislations.
This is a full-time office-based role working Monday – Friday, with occasional visits to our offshore assets as the business requires.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Actively participate in design safety reviews such as HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA studies etc.
• Deliver suitably engineered responses to process design issues arising from the abovementioned design safety reviews.
• Ensure process engineering solutions are in compliance with all health, safety, environmental legislation and best practice. This requires a thorough knowledge of HSE acceptable standards, risk management tools and practical operational experience.
• Delivery of projects including writing operating instructions, procedures, assisting with commissioning and working with other disciplines to achieve project execution via work packs.
• Raise, process and close out Management of Change (MOC) proposals providing technical assurance to modifications.
• When required, support operations in assessing day-to-day process safety related issues by reviewing isolations, risk assessments, drawings and procedural changes.
• Responsible for recognising value adding opportunities in onshore and offshore production systems, initiating modifications and processing these through to completion
Key Requirements Include:
• Process Engineering – minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical role within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemicals industry
• Degree or equivalent in Process/Chemical Engineering
• Desirable but not essential, Chartered Status with the IChemE
• Ability to travel offshore - survival (BOSIET) and MIST certificate
• Demonstrated level of Management of change knowledge
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction And Emergency Training (Bosiet)
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Laws
- Hazard And Operability Study
- Hazard Identification
- Offshore Work