You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Petroplan are recruiting on behalf of their client for an engineering manager to be based in Basingstoke in a staff role.
You will take major decisions and make selections relating to the project, with Client agreement, as appropriate. To manage the engineering activities and costs through the project team (engineering disciplines, Cost, Planning, Quality, etc.)
- Prepare and issue reports to the Client and company management on the progress of the project, providing an overall executive summary.
- Identify and manage the implementation of any steps which may be required to prevent, halt or minimise delays, budget overruns or conditions adverse to quality objectives
- Prepare the project SHE plan, and when endorsed by the Manager Project Coordination and Services UK, conduct all aspects of the project SHE reviews, acting as the Planning Supervisor.
- Oversee the work of Project Engineers assigned to them
- Support business development areas identified by the Company
- Keep updated on developments in Company Procedures and Project Management techniques
- Perform any special duties as directed by the Manager of Project Coordination and Services
- Degree in an appropriate engineering discipline
- Chartered status is preferable
- Ability to consolidate and agree work scopes, encourage project teams through short project timescales and promote and retain good client relationships
- Strong commercial acumen to take responsibility for the commercial performance of projects from scope definition, change management and payment perspectives.
- Management of all aspects of the project, from proposal generation to Basic/FEED with associated project change/definition challenges, to execution in various contracting styles, FPLS, reimbursable, etc.
Knowledge and Experience
- A flexible attitude to developing projects from concept opportunity through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC if so required. This may include engineering management on smaller projects
- Our projects can include either design direct execution activities or oversight/supervision of engineering contractor activities.
- The projects can run from concept opportunity through basic/FEED stages to detailed engineering/EPC.
- The projects can be relevant to offshore/onshore oil/gas production facilities, LNG and renewables production facilities.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Commercial Awareness
- Contract Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Professional Responsibility
Job ID: BBBH43202