X-energy, is a small entrepreneurial Gen IV nuclear power plant and fuel design company that recently signed an award winning $2,500,000,000.00/ 7 year agreement with the US Department of Energy to complete the design, licensing and construction of its compellingly safe and revolutionary design. We are aggressively staffing up with the world's most ambitious and devoted talent who share our vision of providing carbon-free, safe energy to prevent destructive global warming. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for a company intent upon dominating the free market by compelling its selection as the premier nuclear energy power plant of choice around the world for the 21st Century!
Position Description –
The Nuclear Systems Engineer-Fire Protection and HVAC is responsible for documenting, capturing, and managing the technical requirements and configuration of the system from the highest system to the contract end item level. He/she is primarily responsible for the technical development and implementation of a product while ensuring it conforms to all technical requirements. The SE is responsible for implementing rigorous, repeatable System Engineering processes, ensures technical integration, monitors and evaluates technical risks, and provides technical oversight and support.
The Systems Engineer (SE) will be responsible for developing and managing the following elements of a nuclear project:
- Technical Planning
- Concept of Operations Development
- Requirements Management, Flow-down, and Verification & Validation Planning
- Configuration Management (hardware and software)
- Technical Data Management
- Interface Management
The SE reports to the program and is responsible for meeting program technical objectives and technical requirements, including:
- Performs functional analysis and documents the functional allocation to systems and subsystems
- Assesses and documents design requirements, including the development of technical specifications. Enters and organizes requirements via requirements management tools/software
- Oversees and produces documentation to capture the flow-down of high-level requirements to lower levels of assembly
- Defines the contents, format, and approach to develop System, Subsystem, and Component System Design Description documentation
- Works with product development leads and subcontractors to define system and subsystem functional and physical architecture definitions
- Ensures that interfaces between Structures, Systems and Components (SSCs) and with the customer environment are understood, captured, and documented via Interface Control Drawings and Documents
- Oversees the requirements verification and validation process
- Defines and ensures the approach and content of contract end item verification documents
- Actively supports the safety culture and ensure integration of quality in all SE processes by complying with the relevant requirements of the Quality Assurance Program.
- B.S.. in Engineering, Physics or related technical discipline, with a preferred M.S. in nuclear engineering, chemistry or health physics
- 5+ years of Fire Protection and HVAC Systems Engineering experience in successful major nuclear system development projects (10+ years of experience would be a plus)
- Strong familiarity with Systems Engineering requirements, tracking, and management tools (e.g. CORE, DOORS)
- Experience in system delivery and successful operation of nuclear SSC program
- Experience and/or exposure to operational nuclear systems (commercial, National Laboratories, or Government)
- Basic understanding of Systems Engineering processes, as well as relevant aspects of nuclear licensing, regulatory, quality, and safety requirements
Location: Rockville, MD (Generally, we expect all positions for our Rockville Headquarters to live within commuting distance even though remote work is possible.)
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri
We are looking to fill this position immediately.
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
- Systems Design
- Systems Engineering
- Configuration Management