The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Jacobs is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Utilities Engineer to support our Sydney Roads & Highways team with the opportunity to participate in other sectors of our Transport and Built Environment businesses. You will be responsible for the design and integration of services and utilities across a range of complex, high-profile transport projects, working with a talented team of professionals.
Using a broad knowledge of utilities, you will liaise with the client, project manager, key discipline and technical leads to ensure our projects are delivered efficiently and effectively to meet and exceed our clients’ needs. You will assist the Lead Utilities Engineer, Design Managers, Project Managers and clients by identifying and managing risks associated with the impact of utilities on the project and will maintain effective communication and liaison with utility stakeholders to ensure that their expectations are being met.
You should be a qualified Civil Engineer from an accredited University with professional recognition by Engineers Australia.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in Civil & Roads Engineering and specifically utilities networks
- Ability to complete utility relocation and protection designs and producing clash detection and utility coordination registers
- Ability to create designs and develop drawings in accordance with utility authority standards and requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of projects within budget, program and quality constraints.
- Ability to undertake detailed analysis, calculations and design.
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Analytical skills and ability to problem solve
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.