At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40 countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity:
Jacobs are recruiting for a Project Manager to Join our EDF framework delivery team. The Generation Services business team supports our key client EDF Energy Nuclear Generation with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network at all UK sites and stations. You will be part of a large client lead team at EDF’s Gloucester location and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio which may include existing generation, nuclear defueling, nuclear new build and/or nuclear decommissioning.
- Project Managers are accountable to the Project Lead for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. The Project Manager will support the Project Lead in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery, in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion. This role has no direct reports.
- The role will be based at the Gloucester office complex and will require from time to time, business travel to UK sites/stations. Flexible working arrangements between office and home are possible. In this role you will report to the Jacobs Operations Manager, but be accountable for project delivery directly to the client.
- Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
- Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focused tempered with a team-centred approach.
- Typically, degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject.
- APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent is preferred but not essential.
- Versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations; have an understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
- Identifying, implementing, and complying with applicable technical, safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitate, run and chair project meetings (including regular progress meetings) as required and delegated by the Project Manager.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
- Prepare Enquiry specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
- Review and, where delegated by the Project Lead, approve project documentation including contractor’s project documentation where applicable.
- Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers, engineers, safety case specialists and station staff as required.
- Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. [ Link removed ]
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – 2.1062705.1096
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role. If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please [ Link removed ] .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then [ Link removed ]
- Contract Management
- Feasibility Studies