Our development organization has transformed to a scaled agile environment and is seeking Product Owner professional. In this role, you will be working in conjunction with 1-2 Agile teams and a team of Product Managers within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)-based organization aimed at delivering best-in-class process automation products built across web, cloud, PC and embedded platforms integrated with internally developed devices.
The ideal candidate has multiple years of experience with engineering and/or operating complex systems such as DeltaV DCS or any similar process automation systems and understands a range of customer use cases across industries. You should be able to work with Product Managers to understand the product vision, goals, and high-level requirements and translate these information into detailed specifications and acceptance criteria for use by agile teams in implementing the desired functionality. You should also be able to support the Product Management team by assisting with customer interactions and market research as needed. The successful candidate should be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and communicate effectively with a wide range of people, experience levels, and technical backgrounds.
Brief Description of Duties and Key Results to be Achieved
- Closely-work with stakeholders in refining the product backlog in order to optimize the value of the product resulting from work of the Development Team.
- Link business strategies clearly to product objectives based on the long-term strategic plan of the organization and communicate to the stakeholders and development team.
- Manage the Product Backlog which involves clear expression of Product Backlog items and ensuring that the Development Team understands them to the level needed, arrangement of the Product Backlog items to best achieve goals and missions, and guaranteeing that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, showing what the Scrum Team will work on next.
- Update the product backlog in response to changes in business direction and strategic initiatives.
- Participate in regular Scrum events such as Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Work with assigned Agile teams during Program Increment planning and throughout the Program Increment to identify and refine user stories for implementation.
- Help define, refine, and provide feedback on process improvement initiatives.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 3 years of proven track record in a Product Owner or Project Management role, or relevant involvement in successfully planning, managing and delivering medium to large projects, systems, or programs.
- 4 years of experience working with or within a technology division, with exposure to software product development
- Effective oral and written communication and presentation skills (formal and informal settings) with scrum teams, scrum masters, product owners, upper management, key stakeholders, as well as other teams and departments in local and international settings.
- Strong situational leadership, influencing, and decision-making skills with ability to effectively manage ambiguities.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- High degree of adaptability
- Customer-centric, creative thinker with a vision and passion for quality.
- Able to learn and acquire knowledge of existing and new industry/project/product/domain within a short period.
- Able to define and refine processes as well as lead process improvement initiatives.
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in using TFS, MTM, Jira, HP ALM, and similar tool sets.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles.
Desired Qualifications (Nice-To-Haves)
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile processes and the Product Owner’s role through at least one of the following certifications:
- SAFe Certifications (strongly preferred over other certifications)
- Certified SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager
- Certified SAFe Agilist
- SAFe Program Consultant
- SAFe 4.0 or 4.5 experience/certifications are also preferred but earlier versions of SAFe are also acceptable
- Other certifications:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (Scrum Alliance)
- Certified Advanced Product Owner (Scrum Alliance)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner I or II (Scrum.org)
- Strong knowledge of the DeltaV product or any similar process control systems, including its interoperability with other internal and third-party products.
- Mobile or IIoT experience is a plus.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development
New Product Development