ACCIONA is a global company, leading in the development of regenerative infrastructure that creates a positive impact on society. Our workforce consists of more than 41,500 professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents, all contributing in our mission to design a better planet. Are you a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, promote sustainable development, and find solutions to the biggest global challenges including climate change, overpopulation, and water scarcity? Come and join us in building the infrastructure our planet needs to achieve a sustainable future.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. [ Link removed ]
Mission:\nCollaborate and provide support on projects carried out by his/her unit/department, in keeping with the instructions given by his/her supervisor, performing the tasks delegated to him/her to meet the project’s needs.\n\nThey are responsible for the drawing up or review of public works projects, industrial and building projects. The projects may be for external clients or for the company itself. In the phase of bid drafting, they draw up the Tender Projects, and in the execution phase they draw up Construction Projects.
Required Skills and CompetenciesThe Broadway Subway Project Corporation (BSPC) is an Acciona-Ghella general partnership to deliver a 5.7 km extension of the Millennium Line, from VCC-Clark Station to Broadway and Arbutus. Once complete, it will provide fast, frequent and convenient service to B.C.’s second largest jobs center, world-class health services, an emerging innovation and research hub, and growing residential communities.
- BoQ production for Architectural, Civil for different design stages (60%,90%, IFC).
- Assist in preparation of Change Order and Engineering Value.
- Preparing and analysing deviation report between tender phase and different design stages (60%, 90%, IFC).
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Analyze outcomes and write detailed construction progress reports.
- Assist Commercial Department with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Assist the Technical Office Department in the review of project documentation, especially the geometrical aspects of it.
- Collaborate with Technical Office to determine the terms of the contract with the engineering firm, that affects the type, quantity and format of the information required from them, in order to successfully deliver the works in budget and schedule.
- Excellent organization and efficiency are key.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil construction in general, with focus on highways, bridges, rail and special structures.
- Previous Light Rail Transit/ Skytrain/ Underground Subway experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize and prioritize demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands. With attention to detail.
- Independent worker who can work well with minimal supervision.
- Proficient skills in software for Civil Infrastructures design: Civil3D or similar, BIM/Revit
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or architectural is required
ACCIONA has been given the Top Employer 2022 certification in Canada, as well as the Top Employers North America 2022 seal, which certifies the company's commitment to excellence in human resources management and those who focus on putting their people first through their exceptional HR policies. As a company that values diversity as a source of talent, we work to foster an inclusive environment that promotes respect, belonging and engagement so that all people can participate on an equal opportunity basis. We invite everyone to apply regardless of origin, circumstances, background or condition.
- Attention To Detail
- Autodesk Revit
- Civil Engineering
- Infrastructure Management