Utilties Day Technician (Electrical)
Overview of the role:
A highly motivated and safety-conscious individual to support the Utilities team on a pharma client site. The Electrical Technician will provide a pivotal role in support of the site. The successful candidate will assist with the ongoing maintenance of the site's electrical infrastructure and facilities assets.
The successful candidate will strive to ensure that electrical services are coordinated to reduce downtime to equipment on site.
Day to day of the role:
- Work as part of the utilities team and plan work activities in line with maintenance and Process schedule
- Develop progress reports and highlights possible constraints and issues for Clean Utilities Equipment
- Assist in commissioning activities, Project support and Equipment Vendor Maintenance.
- Work with the Utilities Department and Engineering Department to plan and schedule the required Maintenance activities
- Manage and support service or equipment vendors when undertaking Maintenance as required to ensure that applicable standards are adhered to.
- Liaise with discipline leads to coordinate activities for efficient execution of Maintenance activities
- Ensure all PTW and mechanical isolations are in place to perform maintenance works related to mechanical Utilities
- Develop cost saving and energy reduction initiatives on utilities systems ∙ Updating GMP maintenance documents and drawings to reflect any changes required and to improve operation of maintenance activities
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices, to ensure compatibility and safety of system. ∙ Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Conduct corrective and preventative maintenance on all operational equipment ∙ Proactively problem solve to ensure that operational issues are solved permanently.
- Ensure corrective action is taken, as required, for all equipment and operational problems to drive continuous improvement in the Plant
- Plan and develop maintenance plans where required
Required skills for the role:
- Apprenticeship or 3rd Level qualification with Electrical Automation Experience ∙ Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Electrical utilities or process maintenance. ∙ Must have experience working within the Pharmaceutical or Biologics industry. ∙ Strong practical Electrical knowledge
- Must be highly computer literate Word, Excel
- Must Have previous experience working with Computer Maintenance management systems
- SCADA system experience
- Building Management systems
- Development and review of schematic drawings and single line diagrams ∙ Experience working on Utilities equipment and associated control systems for : ∙ Compressed air generation systems
- Chilled water Generation System
- Steam Generation
- Fire detection and suppression systems
- Electrical generation
- Previous experience in GMP environment.
Please note: If you are an EU/EEA national, you will be asked to show proof of right to work in Ireland
If you are a non - EU/EEA national, you will require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Information on legislation and guides to the procedures in relation to obtaining green card permits, work permits, spousal/dependant permits is available on the Department of Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation website
- Smoke Detector
- Compressed Air
- Corrective And Preventive Actions