If you are a Hardware Engineer professional looking to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Eden Prairie, MN location, you will join a global engineering and development team, designing and developing online and portable devices, for industrial process applications, including the following.
- Vibration / spectral data acquisition, filtering, monitoring, and analysis
- Pervasive industrial sensing
- Wired and wireless data communications between devices and systems, including the use of radios and associated protocols
- Field instrumentation configuration, calibration, and troubleshooting
AS A HARDWARE ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Support Product Roadmap
- May participate in product roadmap development
- Specification and Concept Design
- Supports investigations related to specification and concept validation
- Communicates hardware design schedules
- Helps to create detailed hardware design specifications
- Architecture and Detailed Design
- Supports creation of system architecture plans and documents
- Performs technical research to identify and evaluate possible circuit concepts
- Evaluates system hardware designs against design specification and compatibility with mechanical, environmental and compliance targets
- Performs architecture and system reviews across functional groups
- Performs detailed hardware design for assigned circuits
- Coordinates the implementation of all components of the project hardware
- Compliance – Conducts final verification that the product design addresses all relevant standards
- Schedules and performs design reviews and circuit board reviews.
- Coordinates prototype builds
- Integration Test – Verify all circuits work together as an overall system and work properly with embedded software
- Compliance – Supports or performs compliance testing
- System Test – Coordinates system test with test personnel. May create system test specifications.
- User Documentation
- Provides input for technical manuals and user documentation as required
- Maintenance and Customer Support
- Works with Product Test and the Product Service Center to identify and/or correct reported discrepancies in product hardware
- Tools and Technology
- Evaluates & selects new technologies to use in our products and new technical tools
WHO YOU ARE:
You stay on top of new technologies. You manage uncertainty with confidence. You engage in collaborative planning. You take time to ask questions and define the problem. You make learning a priority and a goal.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field and applicable experience.
- Familiar with all phases of product design from concept through implementation
- Expertise in analog and/or digital electronics design and development
- Experience with prototyping and troubleshooting circuits
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Expertise in design & implementation of products/processes/projects
- Experience in microprocessor-based designs for embedded applications.
- Expertise in analog to digital conversion, low noise signal conditioning and/or digital signal processing
- Expertise in printed circuit board design and layout
- Experience in using CAD for schematic capture
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems
- Demonstrated ability to meet project schedules
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Digital Signal Processing