About the opportunity
Reporting to the York E&P team lead, you will undertake railway electrical design work and will assist to drive the development & innovation of our technical solutions for our Rail clients, to meet their greatest challenges to ensure technical excellence and delivery of Transportation and EMEA strategies.
This role will be based at the Jacobs York office and there will be a requirement to be available at this location.
Typical duties include:
- Site visits, testing/inspection of electrical installations, lux level measurements and load monitoring surveys.
- Carrying out feasibility studies through to outline design, detailed design, test and commissioning strategies, construction technical support, handback and asset management support.
- Preparation of technical reports and other written documents.
- Production of 2D/3D models and drawings. Working within a common data environment.
- Design of LV power distribution systems.
- Design of earth free IT systems.
- Design of 11kV power distribution systems.
- Design of railway specific systems including points heating, signalling power, depots, stations, telecoms power, SCADA, earthing and bonding.
The candidate should be computer literate and ideally be conversant with the use of Amtech, ETAP, Dialux lighting software and MS Office suite. The Jobholder should also be familiar with production of drawings using Microstation and Projectwise packages.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
• Good base knowledge of electrical design
• Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Complex Problem solver
• Delivers Solutions
• Customer Focus
• Situational Adaptability
• Strategic Mindset
• Drives vision & purpose
• Cultivates Innovation
• A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEng or equivalent or HNC/HND, but relevant experience may be excepted in lieu. Ideally candidates will be working towards CEng or IEng registration.
- Post-graduate experience of electrical engineering design preferably on rail infrastructure projects although this is not essential.
- Experience in working with BS7671 and the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Good candidates with background in electrical design will be considered.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please [ Link removed ] .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.