Requisition ID: 139643
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Does the chance to change a skyline excite you? Do you consider yourself a high-performer? Creative? Committed to high-quality work? Is adventure your middle name? If so, you may have a future in design engineering at Kiewit! We’re known for creating innovative, world-class building projects throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico — many are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities you won’t find anywhere else. How do we do it? We hire only the best and we employ them to do career-defining work that changes the landscape in communities around the world. You bring your talent, skills, and drive to succeed. We’ll provide the training, on-the-job experience and responsibility from day one that will shape your professional growth. Let’s go!
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the power markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Draft sketches, piping and instrument diagrams, or model 3D equipment items for power plant systems including steam cycle systems, boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, fuel handling, hydraulic, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, and air and gas systems.
• Check design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
• Adhere to schedules and work assignments to ensure successful project completion.
• Coordinate with other drafters, designers and other team members assigned to a project or task, and support work progress and results.
• Train and advise interns or new graduates
• At least 3 years’ related design experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Drafting and Design or related discipline
• Proficient in basic computer programs including MS Word and Excel, web browsing and e-mail programs
• Knowledge of drafting software including MicroStation, Autodesk, SmartPlant
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Auto Cad
- Construction Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated