The position will provide safety expertise and leadership to plan, implement and oversee the organization’s safety programs across the factories, engineering centers, distribution centers and sales offices in Asia and MEA. He/She is required to establish and drive continuous improvement in culture, prevention, and compliance activities related to Emerson safety expectations as well as local jurisdiction requirements. The person will also be the point of contact for security programs for Asia/MEA.
This role will be reporting to the VP – HR, Asia & MEA and dotted reporting to the Director – Safety, ComRes Global.
- Develop and implement safety standards to ensure necessary programs are in place to reduce injury risk and to comply with Emerson safety requirements.
- Establish and evaluate training programs to educate employees and contractors at our premises about safety policies, practices and regulatory requirements, and in promoting the culture and priorities for safety to all sites and offices
- Accelerate skills and competencies for local safety leaders, conduct safety audits and work with global safety leader or counterparts in the organization in creating high awareness and performance in safety at facility level and also at field services level
- Support location in developing specific safety programs according to local regulations and Emerson´s requirements
- Analyse performance trends and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Drive regular review/meetings regionally, prepare reports for management review.
- Act as the point of contact in coordinating Emerson security programs among sites, and also coordinate crisis management plan/programs
- Work with global safety leader or counterparts in the organization in creating high awareness and performance of safety practices at facility level and also field services level
- Ensure location compliance with the crisis management plan during the event of a major accident.
- Degree in Engineering / Occupational Health & Safety /Chemistry or related technical field with at least 10 years’ relevant experience in manufacturing industries.
- Familiarize with OSHA requirements and topics relating to occupational health and safety.
- Self-starter, Agile learner, good networking skills & ability to build relationships based on trust and credibility.
- Passion for safety and improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with people from different backgrounds and culture.
- Good command in English communication, Asian language fluency will be an advantage
- Regular traveling within the region will be required. The position is open to be based in Hong Kong / Suzhou, China
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Information Security