If you are a Technical Support and Service Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Charlottesville, Virginia location, you will provide detailed technical support and aftermarket services for the Machine Automation Solutions (MAS) Movicon software portfolio. Movicon is part of the new Automation.NExT platform from Emerson, a new generation of Connectivity, IIOT, HMI, SCADA, and Plant Analytic software products.
This role requires working collaboratively with other Emerson staff and partners to meet customers' needs. Support and Service professionals will provide technical support, training, and support-related duties.
The role requires the ability to deliver high-level technical sales training materials including demos as well as advance technical training materials for engineers and end-users. The role requires a combination of strong and technical communication skills. AS A SERVICE AND SUPPORT ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Provide expert-level technical support
- Create SOPs and knowledge base content
- Answer tech support tickets on “how to” and/or troubleshooting issues
- Consult with Quality, Development, Application Engineering, and management regarding problem escalation, problem resolution, and potential critical accounts and situations. Design, assemble, test and simulate systems to identify and resolve reported product issues.
- Document and submit customer-reported product issues (bugs) to engineering for improving the product. Reproduce the issue, document, report to engineering
- Create custom workarounds for features/capabilities not inherent to the product, document, and report to engineering as potential feature requests
- Understand how to connect to Emerson and non-Emerson controllers and equipment
- Understand competitive products, networking technology, PLCs, and best practices for creating sound and performant SCADA/HMI applications. This is to help customers transitioning to the new Emerson product but their experience is with another companies similar product.
- Translate customer needs into technical requirements and provide written feedback to engineering on frequently requested capabilities.
- May be requested to provide technical training to customers
- May be requested to provide custom support services to customers or professional project services
- Recommends changes in products, services, and policies based on feedback from customers.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Document all support activities using standard procedures in our case management system.
- Up to 20% travel, potentially to work at customer sites, may be required once travel restrictions are reduced
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 2 years of related experience, or Master's degree with one year of related experience required.
- Understanding of manufacturing and/or plant equipment and production processes
- Knowledge of automation systems include controllers, operator interfaces and connectivity
- Continuous learner motivated to stay current on competitor solutions, customer needs, new technology approaches as the industry evolves
- Ability to write basic software programs using tools like Visual Studio with procedural languages, preferred VBA, VB.NET (and/or C#)
- Experience with PC's
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Positive attitude when dealing with customers and co-workers.
- 2 years’ experience with SCADA/HMI application development
- Experience as an Application Engineer, Field Service Engineer, or Controls Engineer
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with showcasing new technologies to customers, and senior-level visitors
- Basic understanding of Industrial IOT, Industry 4.0 and an interest in manufacturing automation
- Ability to travel to customers sites if needed to troubleshoot and diagnose reported problems
- Speak and write English fluently. Second language preferred Italian and/or Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box to produce customized solutions
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)