Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Channel Development Manager Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Channel Development Manager (CDM) on the West Coast to be responsible for sourcing, vetting and onboarding solar contractors to the Sunnova platform. The right candidate for this role is a “hunter” who enjoys the pursuit of new partners but also possesses the patience and attention to detail needed to navigate a sophisticated vetting process.
The Channel Development Manager Responsibilities
- Analyzes the residential solar + storage market to identify dominant and emerging players.
- Builds a consistent pipeline of high-quality target contractors by cultivating strong relationships with equipment distributors and other strategic partners.
- Proactively reaches out to these targets and conveys the Sunnova value proposition.
- Investigates the suitability of the candidate company from the perspective of volume and sales/installation capability.
- Convinces the candidate company of the superior value proposition and product line offered by Sunnova and negotiates an onboarding agreement.
- Partners and guides the candidate company through the Sunnova qualification process.
- Completes the onboarding process, including signing the partner agreements, training and completing the activities to enable this dealer to launch with Sunnova.
- Oversees the transfer of the new partner to the Account Management team and facilitates new relationships with the new partner’s executive, sales and operations teams.
FLSA Status: Exempt
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Finance
- Minimum years of experience required: 5+ years of solar industry, home improvement sales, or financial services/product sales experience.
- Valid driver’s license with clean motor vehicle record.
- Public company experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, Salesforce.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated worker with proven ability to manage outreach activities independently.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to create relationships with outside partners to effectively influence behavior required.
- Time management skills to balance a wide variety of necessary tasks, ranging from in-person contractor pitches to internal Sunnova meetings to document management.
- Willing to tackle all necessary tasks, large and small, with a positive attitude.
- Track record of persevering through obstacles and setbacks to achieve challenging goals.
- Proven record of good judgment and analytical skills, with attention to detail and consistency.
- Team player that behaves ethically, with highest degree of integrity at all times.
- Estimated travel time – 25 - 50%
- Home-based in the West Region
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance
- Discounted fitness memberships through health provider
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process