Summary – Job Responsibilities – Activities:
- Supports the General Manager on all financial aspects of the business unit including monthly operational reviews.
- Ensures all revenue is recorded accurately and documented in accordance with company policies.
- Manages and mentors Accounting Manager
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Reviews monthly balance sheets, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Prepares/Reviews Monthly Balance Sheet account reconciliations and financial analysis.
- Primary contract for external auditors regarding quarterly and annual audit for business unit.
- Responsible for monthly closing process, within four business days of month-end.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures, recommending changes.
- Provides weekly cash forecast and updates financial forecasts against budget on monthly basis.
- Prepare annual budget, capital expenditure, operating costs and present it to the senior management for approval.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related requests as needed.
- Assist with the Implementation of Oracle
- Maintains compliance following internal controls established by the Company under SOX 404.
Education – Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance, required.
- At least eight to ten years’ experience in variety of accounting /financial management positions.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs:
- Hands-on, and flexible attitude.
- Proficient with Oracle E-Business Suite application
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of GAAP financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Exceptional analytical ability.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
AMSC is an EEO M/F/D/V
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles