You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Data Analyst / Data Scientist
ABS Group is a global company that provides data-driven risk and reliability solutions and technical services that help our clients enhance the safety, integrity, quality and environmental efficiency of their critical assets and operations. Our multidisciplinary team of management consultants, data scientists, data analysts, and cybersecurity specialists work together to develop innovative solutions for a wide range of complex challenges. If you are a motivated self-starter with intellectual curiosity, we’re just what you’re looking for.
Federal Departments and Agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, and Department of Interior require cutting-edge contract support to provide technical expertise and mission support in cybersecurity, engineering, policy and analysis, project management, security and resiliency, and risk management. ABS Group has earned a reputation for technical expertise and data-driven solutions to help our clients understand and manage risk, optimize business performance and support the journey to operational excellence.
We are looking for a Data Analyst / Data Scientist - based in Knoxville, TN, who can travel periodically to Washington, D.C. - to lead the creation and application of tools for gathering, transformation, and preparation of data for analysis, visualization, and insight. You will apply data mining tools to extract critical data from unstructured data sources and identify patterns that will improve our customers’ operations. The ideal candidate is a team player, critical thinker, and problem solver that enjoys working in a dynamic collaborative environment. This position will require moderate travel based on client and project need.
Perform research to identify relevant data sources and automate collection processes:
- Pre-process structured and unstructured data
- Analyze datasets to identify trends and anomalies in data
- Build predictive models using statistical and machine-learning techniques
- Troubleshoot, debug, and make improvements to existing machine learning algorithms
- Create technical documentation as needed
Support deployment of machine learning applications into client operations
Solve complex, safety, security, and cybersecurity problems facing our government clients
Develop creative, innovative ideas for risk analysis and management:
- Be able to translate business needs and gaps into requirements documentation and initial design concepts
- Meet deadlines in fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Be comfortable presenting your work to a small audience (10-20 people) conveying data results or facilitating discussion to support a client decision
- Maintain a positive working environment and can-do attitude to foster productive and healthy team and client relationships
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a data analyst / data scientist
- Experience programming in multiple languages (e.g., Python, R, VBA)
- Extensive experience in Python-based data mining and transformation techniques: natural language processing, optical character recognition, web scraping, etc.
- Strong statistical analysis skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Power BI and Tableau
- Analytical mindset and business acumen
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- US citizenship required; eligibility to obtain and maintain Top Secret clearance
- Periodic travel required to Washington, D.C.
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, or other quantitative field
- Proficient with the Git version control system
- Cybersecurity certification
- Active Top Secret clearance
ABS Group is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws.
Company: ABSG Consulting, Inc.We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. Equal Opportunity The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs
- Business Requirements
- Commercial Awareness
- Computer Programming
Job ID: C2200909